My Frogg Togg outwear thread

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So I had my Toggs in the storage bag that had never been used until this week. I pulled them out once on the way to the bash and wore them to keep dry. While we were there I went to put them on and the zipper split down the middle even though the zipper handle was at the top.. I was frustrated and was able to unzip them and then go back up and it was all good... On the way home we were riding through Mississippi and we saw rain ahead, we pulled over to put our toggs on and my zipper handle came off in my hands... This thread is for the Frogg Togg company to see what I went through on my trip because their product miserably failed me when I needed it... I bought this set a couple of years ago but never needed to use it until this week, never taken out of the bag... I did notice that the newer Toggs have a much bigger zipper in them, someone else must have complained too..

I am sending them an email with a link here....

A pic of the storm we MUST ride through...
2012-04-22_16-55-48_807.jpg

A Pic of the zipper on the Frog Toggs
2012-04-22_16-55-33_394.jpg

A pic of the absolute failure in my time of need..
2012-04-22_16-56-06_522.jpg

2012-04-22_16-55-48_807.jpg

2012-04-22_16-55-33_394.jpg

2012-04-22_16-56-06_522.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same thing probably purchased at the same time. I want better ones too before I left high and wet!

No problems with the zipper or seams but Toggs are only good for about 3-4 hours in real rain. After that the rain went right through them. I've used mine 3 time since i bought them 2 years ago and had similar results. They are comfortable but not total rain protection.I'm thinking I need something more waterproof.

I think VABs was only water proof for about 2 hours, then she was wet the rest of the way home. :( Not a good place to be when its a little cool to boot. I rode to the bash in the rain and then left in the rain on Saturday and stayed dry the whole time. I do not have Frog Toggs, thank goodness.

I think VABs was only water proof for about 2 hours, then she was wet the rest of the way home. :( Not a good place to be when its a little cool to boot. I rode to the bash in the rain and then left in the rain on Saturday and stayed dry the whole time. I do not have Frog Toggs, thank goodness.

Yep, I'd say I started feeling the rain after 2 hours of riding with 'em on...I don't know much about Frogg Toggs and these were Omar's, but after 8 hrs in the rain, Frogg Toggs are not true rain gear. They're good for riding through passing showers and that's about it. Honestly stinks to know you have to buy something rubberized or thicker to protect yourself because FT's are comfy and roomy, don't get you overheated, yet keep the wind from ripping through you...

I learned after Sunday's ride home in the rain that 1) I either need to trailer from now on or 2) I won't ride in that kind of weather with Frogg Toggs on...

:2cents:

How appropriate on the birthday of Gideon Sundback, the inventor of the zipper! :laugh:

Seriously though, it is one thing to be miserable on a short ride home and completely another on a long trek. I keep a set of rubberized gear in the K1200 no matter what else I carry. Cold and wet is not a good combo.

I bought a Coleman rain suit at walmart before I left, $20, worked great. The bottom of the pants flapped around and eventually ripped from rubbing on the foot pegs, but I stayed dry( less hands and feet) for my 13hrs in the rain on the ride home, which took 16hrs:banghead:

i have a pair that wore out right in the ass and junk area, now whenever i stop somewhere and take them off it looks like i pissed myself :( soo now i guess i don't have to stop to go to the bathroom :)

I have the same thing and hated it. What amazes me was my Joe Rocket jacket liner. When we did our first Iron Butt ride, we got caught in a bad storm and rode in pouring down rain for more than 5 hours and it kept me dry.

I bought the Frogg Toggs last year for a big trip I was going on. I hit a big rain storm on the turnpike, and the collar on the rain suit is so low that the rain was coming in on my neck and dripping down, soaking me from the inside out!!!!!!!:cursin:

I have since bought a Triuph Chevron Oversuit which is great, Boot Covers, and I am working on some kind of neck covering!!! This year Im not getting soaked:please:

Yep, me too. Last year leaving Hayas in the Hills, I couldn't escape the big storm and within less than 10 mins, I was soaked from the inside. It was a long 5 hour ride home. My clothes just absorbed all the water,from below the knees to my shoulders,wet,my first and last time I ever used them.

I bought a Coleman rain suit at walmart before I left, $20, worked great. The bottom of the pants flapped around and eventually ripped from rubbing on the foot pegs, but I stayed dry( less hands and feet) for my 13hrs in the rain on the ride home, which took 16hrs:banghead:
The only set back is that the Rooster looked like Big Bird :)

last years bash herm and i rode home after aquaman went for a dive.. stopped at walmart bought the coleman gear,,16 hrs in the rain, only thing wet was my feet. A tip also bought some of those yellow dish gloves.. they may look silly but hey keep your hands dry and warmer

I'm glad I borrowed Omar's Frogg Toggs. At $75 a pop, I'll save my $$ and look for something a bit more rain repellent...

I've ridden in the rain alot - with alot of different gear - Waterproof and breathable are two terms that are mutual exclusive in my experience. Froggs are inexpensive and work reasonable well for walking around a campsite in the rain, however they adapted that level of protection and added reflective piping and called it a day. They don't work well in rain for any period of time on a motorcycle in driving rain. Best use is a second layer over a good "waterproof" textile riding gear.

Well no response to my email... Looks like no one at Frogg Togg cares... Anyone suprised?

Back