Just installed my Yoshimura Titanium RS-3 Slip-Ons

XBIKE

Registered
I caught a deal on these just in time from Yoshimura clearance (saw the post on the org; thanks Corso1!!!). Saw the post at 3pm on Friday, plead my case and got permission from the SGM by 3:30 (didn't have to try too hard as she doesn't like how quiet the stockers are), and placed the order at 3:45. I checked the Yoshimura site when I got home at 4:30pm just to verify the deal and it had been sold out. I was worried I didn't order in time due to their disclaimer, however I picked up the product last night and installed.

Very impressed with the fit and finish of the product, Yoshimura's customer service (I called them to verify as Google checkout didn't update the order status), the fact that they used Fed-Ex (quick ship time), and the price ($274 shipped). I know the rules, I'll post pics when I get home.

holy crap...$274 shipped for Titanium cans :thumbsup::cheerleader::beerchug: awesome deal indeed.

RS3-SO.jpg

I just missed out on that deal from Yoshi, sold out:banghead: There was a new ebay posting for Yoshi RS3 titaniums this weekend for 450.00. Someone probably bought a bunch up and reselling on ebay. I'm still debating getting them for 450.00:dunno:

I just missed out on that deal from Yoshi, sold out:banghead: There was a new ebay posting for Yoshi RS3 titaniums this weekend for 450.00. Someone probably bought a bunch up and reselling on ebay. I'm still debating getting them for 450.00:dunno:

$450 seems like a good price to some of the other prices I saw when I was comparing.

I like how you call the wife SGM. My wife goes by Household 6. lol. But you know us NCO's dont like to listen to officers lol. Besides im the SFC, I run this house lol. Congrats on your deal, and they look great on your bike.

Yoshi customer service was great for me. My first header didn't fit quite right, so they sent me a shipping label, paid for the shipping of the header to them, had me keep the can, and sent me a brand new header back all within a few days if I remember right. I didn't have to spend a penny on shipping, and they didn't hassle me in the least about the return. I was impressed :thumbsup:

FYI- The guy selling them for $450 on ebay is what originally got me looking at the RS-3s. I couldn't figure out how he was selling them that low when the closest discount shop on line had them around $690.

I love it when a plan comes together. The total shipping weight on the box from Yosh was 16.5 lbs. I bet one of the stock cans weighs that! Not that I'd expect it, but the dyno results actually show a nominal little HP gain as well. I haven't installed mine yet, but I'm dying to get break in done and then slap them on. Just seeing the pics of Xs bike has me all fired up. Maybe the "Text and Drive" population will hear me through their window now. :please:

i happen to be seling a gently used K&N filter to help the bike breathe in a bit better:whistle:

I like how you call the wife SGM. My wife goes by Household 6. lol. But you know us NCO's dont like to listen to officers lol. Besides im the SFC, I run this house lol. Congrats on your deal, and they look great on your bike.

Thanks Bro! I like the call sign!

FYI- The guy selling them for $450 on ebay is what originally got me looking at the RS-3s. I couldn't figure out how he was selling them that low when the closest discount shop on line had them around $690.

I love it when a plan comes together. The total shipping weight on the box from Yosh was 16.5 lbs. I bet one of the stock cans weighs that! Not that I'd expect it, but the dyno results actually show a nominal little HP gain as well. I haven't installed mine yet, but I'm dying to get break in done and then slap them on. Just seeing the pics of Xs bike has me all fired up. Maybe the "Text and Drive" population will hear me through their window now. :please:

I considered waiting until break in, but they were taunting me. I heard them whispering inside the box, daring me to install. I had to show them who was boss, so I installed them ASAP!! :laugh:

I found a new set on ebay for my '12 busa and used "make offer" option. brand new unopened in box, dual slip ons, $400 including shipping. they are arriving today, and i am ready to get off work and install them. this is the best deal i had seen online so far.

Alot of pipe makers will show a hp gain with just slips. A portion of the gain with a full system swap is getting rid of the baffled/catalytic filled stock cans for a straight through can, which def helps breathing some. The other part of course is the bigger tubing, stepped headers that most companies offer. You'd be amazed at the twisted maze the exhaust gases have to go through in the stock cans to get out, compared to a straight through aftermarket slip-on. When I switched from my stock system to a full aftermarket I couldn't believe how much quicker the bike revved the first time I blipped the throttle in neutral :laugh:

Back