Buy used or new in this market? If new - best prices?

I bought a 2012 le for 13k and 0% for 5 years. I buy new and live with the ka klunk of 3k leaving the dealer's driveway. I always liked to unwrap my toys out of the box like Christmas morning....:laugh:

I bought mine new last Nov. for $12,734 OTD(my 3rd new Busa since '02)and don't regret it.Kinda nice ridin' it away with 1 mile on the speedo and not havin' to wonder if the previous owner of a used bike beat the livin' dog turds out of it.:laugh:If you can afford a new one by all means go for it.:thumbsup:

newbike079.jpg

Thanks for all the info and advice.

Yall sure made it a alot easier for me to make up my mind.

I put $200 down on the bike and heading out in the morn to go get it in Oklahoma!

Can't wait to fire it up.

Total price was $11,707 OTD.

See yall when I get back!

Thanks for all the info and advice.

Yall sure made it a alot easier for me to make up my mind.

I put $200 down on the bike and heading out in the morn to go get it in Oklahoma!

Can't wait to fire it up.

Total price was $11,707 OTD.

See yall when I get back!

:thumbsup:

Left Houston at 11:00pm Thursday night and got to Bartlesville, OK at 8:00am Friday morning.
I was wore out. Waited till 9 when they opened and the bike was still crated. Took a little over 1.5hrs for them to assemble it and load it up.

Took off hope at Noon and drove nonstop back to Houston. Was wore out when I got home but I am glad I got what I wanted.

IYtY6.jpg

Talked to Mr. Turbo here in Houston and am probably going to put a Stage 2 turbo on it soon.

Thanks everyone for all the info.
Much appreciated!

You got a great deal bro! I paid 12,900 OTD here in new York this week for the same one. Enjoy!!

There are at least a couple of new Black/red bikes for sale at dealers here in Arizona. I love the black red combination but did not want to go $12,500 plus fees and tax. I ended up buying a 2008 blue/gold with only 2k miles on the clock about a month ago for $8k from a private buyer. Since there are practically no changes from 08 to 12, I couldn't see paying an additional $7k OTD for a new new one. By the way I had a ZX-14 about three years ago and although the Busa is not as comfortable (I'm 6' 2"), I like the looks of the bike much better. I'm in the process of doing some mods to make the Busa more comfortable to ride and overall I'm glad I bought a Busa. In short, if it's my money, I'd go used. Good luck and ... :welcome:

Left Houston at 11:00pm Thursday night and got to Bartlesville, OK at 8:00am Friday morning.
I was wore out. Waited till 9 when they opened and the bike was still crated. Took a little over 1.5hrs for them to assemble it and load it up.

Took off hope at Noon and drove nonstop back to Houston. Was wore out when I got home but I am glad I got what I wanted.

IYtY6.jpg

Talked to Mr. Turbo here in Houston and am probably going to put a Stage 2 turbo on it soon.

Thanks everyone for all the info.
Much appreciated!

Rumor has it someones got a new turbo kit on the way...

Rumor hu? :whistle:

Comming from you, I don't think it's a rumor! :laugh:

Can't wait for you to have it installed Rob.

And Thanks Jeff for stearing me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

Rumor hu? :whistle:

Comming from you, I don't think it's a rumor! :laugh:

Can't wait for you to have it installed Rob.

And Thanks Jeff for stearing me in the right direction! :thumbsup:

Its gonna be a fun one, just make sure you break it in a little before its surgery. :laugh:

Back