Pucker Factor (on a scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate it)

brad

Registered
11:30pm April 9th San Francisco, Bay Area going uphill on the freeway doing at least 80, I ride straight into a gaping hole in the concrete. The impact was so severe there was no doubt that the front was going to be flat and it was immediately. So I am off the gas trying to contol the front and I am thinking I still have the back which lasted about twenty yards. Now both are flat and the bike is slowing down fast but I am heading out of the lane and it's looking like I wont get her stopped before I am off in the dirt so I start applying the brakes and she fish tailed like nothing I have ever been on before including dirty bikes. She stayed upright. Man I just love this bike. If I was on an old school 1980 Kawasaki LTD or Z1R I probably would have went down.
See the attached photographs.

04-09-12 109.jpg

04-09-12 115.jpg

04-09-12 117.jpg

04-09-12 121.jpg

04-09-12 123.jpg

04-09-12 124.jpg

DAYUM!!!!! That must have been some pot hole! You sir should count your luckies!

Glad you didn't buy the farm and only have to buy new rims and tires.

Might want to slow down a bit in the evening,:whistle: not that it would have prevented the incident but perhaps giving you a bit more time to react had you been able to see it.

Nice Save :thumbsup:
I always like to hear riders controlling there bikes in the most extreme conditions. Sir you can ride!
I would be sending this story with pics into the city asking for a little help for repairs.

You need to report that to the City you will be reimbursed...Tell them I said so !!! Glad you walked away from that ,glad it was day time and no rain .

Great save !!! Glad you kept it to only rims and tires....:thumbsup:

And that definitely gets a 10....:laugh:

MAn that sucks. I think I would go back and get some pics of it and talk to the VDot in your area. Seems like if its bad enough to do that it is not safe and should be fixed. Hey you might even get them to pay for the damage.

Wow that is up there on the Pucker Factor. Glad you had your senses about you to keep it up right and that the hole wasn't big enough to do a Wile E Coyote catapult. I would definitely go the route of letting the city know and see if they will reimburse you at least some of the money if not all of it. But :thumbsup::thumbsup: for keeping to rims and tires.

I am going to have to go with 9-10 on that one. Glad you got her woooo'd down without body damage!!! That would have cost me a pair of fruit-of-the-looms for sure. :bowdown:

Let us know if the City reimburses you and the process you went through to get it done...and also if they fixed the pot hole. This could be valuable infor for the rest of us.

I'll bet if you sent those pics to the local TV station they'd do a story on it....

Back