Dealer Can't Find This Part... Help! (Pics Inside)

Kat600

Registered
So after searching this forum and every online parts microfiche I can find for this part, I went to the dealer and they can't find it either. He even walked me into their parts room and we went through all the clips they had in stock and nothing was close. All the microfiches I clicked on, I searched every single diagram and couldn't come across it. Unless I missed something here in the bunch of threads I read, this hasn't been talked about here either.

If anyone can get me a part number for this I would appreciate it. It is a fairing clip/rivet/push pin that goes where the #9 is pointing below. The #9 is for the "cowling" piece itself, not the clip of course.

busacowling.jpg

I tried the 2 other very common clips/pins from the busa and they are either too small or too long... The one I need is below. The head is 18mm and the pin length is 16mm. It has little notches at the top of the pin that need to be lined up in the head of the pin.

IMG00387-20120329-1809.jpg

IMG00388-20120329-1809.jpg

Please, please, please someone find a part # for me! I don't care if it's Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc... as long as it fits. I only need 2 and don't want to have a huge pin kit ordered. I also live in Canada, so some of the other bike parts places online charge too much for shipping for a couple of clips. OEM is appreciated so I can buy local, but I'm open to any suggestions...

The pin you showed in the picture is not correct, it does not even belong on a Busa. The part number for the pin that you need is: 09409-06314-5PK. In spite of the "5PK" number at the end, it is NOT a pack of five. When you order one of this number, you will get one pin. It should cost about $1.95. POWERHOUSE has these in stock always, just like all the hardware a stock Busa uses. Good luck . . .

You need a 6mm push pin.
BINGO!!!!!

I believe your problem is now solved :) your local Cycle Gear or TUSK in link above should be able to ge this for ya :thumbsup: (or O'Reilly's/Autozone)

tus_07_kaw_sty_riv_6mm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need a 6mm push pin.
See, that's why I like this forum. I panic and people give simple, simple answers... Thank-you!

Gen II? I think you mean this?

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R Parts, 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

On the left, click on "Body and Fenders" then click on "Cowling Body"....

#14? that's the same clip all the way around the bottom cover....
Sorry, it is a Gen I, but that clip is pretty universal and I think that is it... Thank-you also!

The pin you showed in the picture is not correct, it does not even belong on a Busa.
That would easily explain why I couldn't find it anywhere... It would also explain why I had to break 2 of them to remove them. The center wouldn't push in as it was flush up against something in the nose cone. The part # you mentioned is used everywhere else on the busa, so that has to be it. Thanks!

Thanks, I saw those in another thread and that's way cheaper than OEM!

BINGO!!!!!

I believe your problem is now solved :) your local Cycle Gear or TUSK in link above should be able to ge this for ya :thumbsup: (or O'Reilly's/Autozone)

tus_07_kaw_sty_riv_6mm.jpg

THANKS everyone! My search is over.... :) I can't believe the pin that was there wasn't for the busa. The previous owner is a friend, so I'll be asking him where the jeebus he got them from.

The dealer by me has them and I bought all they had last time.Spendy, like 2 bucks a piece or something like that.

Back