Fairings from China....

1ibandit said:
Not to rub it in, but my plastics came in Saturday! Looked at invoice it was sent to the shippers on the 12th in Dongguan China. Got to me on the 17th that is 6 days.... I will not jack your thread .... Some things I have to talk to Motofairing2009.com about.... As a whole they look great.

^^^^ Where is the PICS!!!^^^^^^

I bought a set after losing my Gen 2 fairings at a drag strip through not connecting the chin piece across the front. I can honestly say they are the biggest load of crap I have ever bought, nothing and I mean nothing lined up the only way I could hold them together would be with some serious epoxy. The screen won't slide in as the under piece is plastic welded in too close, luckily I don@t need it. This company no longer sells and has disappeared off Ebay and I can see why. There are obviously other manufacturers doing a better job from what I have read here. Good luck

please do jack the thread I am curious about any and all experiences.....were are the pictures???? What issues did you have? what issues should i look forward to fixing myself? please fill me in

See attachments.

nose 2.jpg

nose 3.jpg

nose 1.jpg

lol everything else came in perfect, ill show you the pics they sent me" AUCTMART1" from ebay holes where pre drilled. I knew that the farring would not come with a tank or hump so i went with what would match mu bike best, not to bad for a 3200$ bike i guess

finally got my fairings from china....the only piece that was cracked was the inner piece that surrounds the gauge cluster....I will be buying carbon fiber of those soon though so I dont really care to much about that.....they are very difficult to install the front turn signals and rear tail light dont exactly fit......so Its going to be a modifying weekend. As soon as I get my banjo bolt for my motor I will be up and running....and then I will take plenty of pictures.....im impressed with the quality of the pain and fairings.....not to impressed by the lights not fitting in. For the money though you cant beat it

In the process of helping a friend install a set on his 04 cbr 1000rr. Roughly he paid around $430 shipped. Overall the pieces thy have been installed were a pretty good fit.

Paint overall is good also.

80eaeccc.jpg

31438412.jpg

7c7c819c.jpg

c19a256b.jpg

ded8d690.jpg

9164afd8.jpg

I had a bad run on my tailsection and it was replaced no questions asked. I just had to wait another month for it to come. Now I have a backup tailsection if I ever need one.

It didn't fit as well as oem but the holes lined up. I had to pull the plastic some to get it to flex for the holes to line up but really no big deal. Same thing with the rest of the fairing. The headlight bolted up with small adjustments. When I bolted up the 2 bolts on one side the others missed the holes by less than an 1/8. Which is like a hole off. It was very easy to push it over for the hole to align. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a set from them again:thumbsup:

see my tail light brackets are way off...the top hole lines up just fine but the two holes on either side dont line up at all....its to wide for the pieces and I cant seem to get either side to bolt up....im debating about just leaving the top hole and getting some double sided tape to hold it still (i have a tiger tail so its not like its going anywhere it holds it up there too)

see my tail light brackets are way off...the top hole lines up just fine but the two holes on either side dont line up at all....its to wide for the pieces and I cant seem to get either side to bolt up....im debating about just leaving the top hole and getting some double sided tape to hold it still (i have a tiger tail so its not like its going anywhere it holds it up there too)

That's what I thought too. It appeared to be off by almost a full inch, no way for it to fit.

That part was the hardest to get on, but after an hour of struggling, it fit; and what I thought had a huge gap that would never in a million years work, ended up fitting just fine. It was a matter of wedging things in and screwing in the assembly on both sides bit by bit.

hump_missing_graphics.jpg

the gap in the back where the tail light is isnt a major concern for me as I have a tiger tail so nothing to snug up the bottom.....the concern i have is that only the top of the bracket bolts in (which now broke because of the weight) and the four side bolts dont line up or even allow the bracket to fit in at all.....I asked for a replacement piece as it doesnt fit correctly....in the mean time im not 100% sure what I will do about the rear tail

If you have to stretch, flex and force the plastic that much to get it to fit its going to be under tremendous pressure once bolted up, and unfortunately its probably going to crack over time from vibration and age. It sounds like stress cracks are inevitable. especially since those plastics aren't made out of the same thickness and quality plastic as the factory stuff. I've read alot about the chinese plastic cracking over time, and thats probably why. Cheaper now, but you pay later I think :whistle:

Back