Ready to do up my 2009 Busa

Jd1300r

Registered
Hey everyone I have been watching this site off and on for a long time and have read a ton of post over the last few days finally I am just going to make my own thread. Anyway I have the 2009 white and blue gen 2 Hayabusa and have some money to burn now and want to do up my bike and hopefully get some suggestions from the other gen 2'ers on what the best performance/comfort mods are available and in what order I should get them. I ride street have never done the track.

Today I ordered from Pashnit the Throttlemeister and the Tapp Lite usb power cord and smart phone mount because I have always wanted one of those mounts. I also ordered a Saddlemen TS3200DE SaddleStow Deluxe Tail Bag because it seems really nice. I am looking at ordering the saddleman Tech gel seat if anyone has used that I really am most interested in comfort.

I feel like I have a good handle on comfort but the performance there are so many reviews and posts that I just don't know what to think I am really liking the Brocks alien head exhaust and that seems like a good product Other than that I want to get a turbo and beef up the engine but I do not know what direction I should go and figured I should ask the experts if exhaust first makes sense or what is the most practical upgrades. I would like to get better performance, better sound, and better looks. I am semi price sensitive but I would always elect to spend more to get a better product.

I also really like the looks of the slightly extended swingarms but have never ridden a bike with one on it.

Thanks in advance and since I know everyone likes photos heres a pic of my bike stock and I will upload some when I put the new bag on and as I install the upgrades,

~Jake

219910338029279.jpg

219910338029279.jpg

Welcome to the oRg if I have not already said so. Very nice bike and I am sure there will lots of answers to your quesitons. :welcome:

:welcome:

What type of riding do you primarily do? Touring, sport touring, twisties? Performance wise that will make a difference in the direction of mods.

Great looking bike you got:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I generally ride street. I commute 60 miles to work on the freeway. But for leisure I like to cruise county roads with some twists and turns. I also do a fair amount of city riding. I have not done alot of longer rides but I am planning on doing at least one or 2 multi day rides this year.

Thanks!

Set the suspension's sag for your weight, the bike will ride and handle much better.
EBC HH Extreme Pro pads for a big improvement in stopping power.
SS brake lines for improved brake feel.
Aftermarket levers and rearsets(rider pegs) for comfort.
Seats are 100% a personal preference, you really need to sit on one before you know if it's for you.
Most seats take time to break in and become more comfortable too, some more than others.
Heli-bars and .75" risers combined are a nice improvement in comfort for some, but again a personal preference.

Make it stop better and make comfort improvements where you feel they're needed, then spend money on exhaust or turbo.:beerchug:

:welcome: Nice bike. You are going to love her more and more each day. As sixpack said.. make her your own. Find out the direction that you are really drawn to and research into the mods others have done. Then.. decide what really "fits" you better. I'm a small guy.. so what fits me might not fit someone else.

Welcome & 6 " stretch is good for any kind of riding .Brocks exhaust is good start to and so many more thing depends on what you really want to do or spend.

Set the suspension's sag for your weight, the bike will ride and handle much better.
EBC HH Extreme Pro pads for a big improvement in stopping power.
SS brake lines for improved brake feel.
Aftermarket levers and rearsets(rider pegs) for comfort.
Seats are 100% a personal preference, you really need to sit on one before you know if it's for you.
Most seats take time to break in and become more comfortable too, some more than others.
Heli-bars and .75" risers combined are a nice improvement in comfort for some, but again a personal preference.

Make it stop better and make comfort improvements where you feel they're needed, then spend money on exhaust or turbo.:beerchug:

I did put the .75 rise in last year that was real nice, I def want to get some new pegs too. Do the brake pads really make that much of a difference in riding experience?

Once the new pegs go on and I get the suspension adjusted I think I am going to get the new exhaust and turbo ordered up!

Thanks!

Once the new pegs go on and I get the suspension adjusted I think I am going to get the new exhaust and turbo ordered up!

Thanks!

Richard at RCC would be more than happy to help you. I'm thinking Frank at Powerhouse a sponsor here would be more than happy to help with that. Turbos aren't a cheap option brother and I personally love dump pipes, no exhaust needed. Brocks Alien Head is an excellent choice big bang for the buck. It's kind of an either or. If you're going for stealth Richard sells a pipe for his turbo set up. Stage 1 is probably gonna fit your riding style. Best of luck.

Nice Busa! Stick around here long enough, you'll need a second job to afford all the mods you want :laugh:

I did put the .75 rise in last year that was real nice, I def want to get some new pegs too. Do the brake pads really make that much of a difference in riding experience?

EBC HH pads don't make much of a difference.
However the EBC HH Extreme Pro make a very noticeable improvement in stopping power.
Stainless steel lines really make the brakes feel better too.:beerchug:

before going turbo i would do the brocks exhaust, bmc race filter and have it ecu tuned, go 1 down 2 up on the sprockets, galfer brake lines and ebc extreme pro pads and you will have yourself a whole new bike and i think it will make you happy for a while also as far as pegs and levers i would do the buell peg mod and a set of asv's

Buell mod ordered, throttlemeister, 3BR usb, and phone mod installed. Pipes ecu and tuning next prob brakes too. Thanks everyone!

I would sort of question the turbo for the type of riding you do. Not that the turbo is a bad thing but it's a big expense for someone who doesn't drag race. Also I really don't recommend stretching unless you either race or just love the look, otherwise stock wheel base is best. Changing the stock tires to something sticky is good too.

I highly recommend you do the SS brake lines and at least the EDC HH pads. Also add a Brembo master cylinder. This really will give you payback as the improvement to the brakes is massive. IMHO brakes are the weakest part of the stock Busa.

You might also look at comfort stuff like a higher windsheild (I like the Puig DB). Also consider an AutoCom and GPS (awesome for exploring or touring). Maybe removable hard side bags (great for commuting to work). I like the Suzuki Gel seat, it's cheap and it's good for 8-9 hour days in the saddle for me, however as Sixpack said this is personal.

I would recommend the HID light mod as a must do. I don't ride at night much but this mod makes you easier to see in the daytime too. Another favorite of mine is the cruise control mod - makes life much better on the road and helps keep the points off the license.

All of this stuff is documented by various people on here, just do a search.

Back