Good all around riding boot?

nitro71455

Registered
All,

I'm looking to buy some ridding boots. I'm wondering what you all are using, if you like them, and if you'd buy them again. Thanks for you input in advance.

--Rich

I want to know also.I need a pair.Right now i use a pair of cat boots with kevlar souls and steel toes but are kinda heavy.

I just bought Alpinestars s-mx 5 vented boots. Very comfortable and not too racy for everyday riding. I'm very happy with them and would buy the again.

Sidi Vertigo Boots, or ST Boot, great protection and comfortable.

These

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330386036.449369.jpg

I just bought Alpinestars s-mx 5 vented boots. Very comfortable and not too racy for everyday riding. I'm very happy with them and would buy the again.

Just bought these also. They're comfortable, a little stiff, and seem to offer good protection

Yep, I am wearing the MX-5s as well. Wife bought them for me for x-mas. I love them and they are breaking in nicely.

mx5s.jpg

I'm still sporting my Oxtar Matrix GTX - about 6 years old and over a 100k miles on them. The uppers are still in great shape. The soles are getting bald. I melted some new tread in with a solder iron until I can get them resolved.

PS - Oxtar is now TCX

I love my alpinstars for offroad but I hear for street riding they arent the most comfortable and flexible.I would want a boot i can walk in as well.I do love alpinstars, great boot but for everyday riding I was told to stay away.Maybe it was just the person telling me this.Not sure

Diadora!! I remember having soccer boots made by Diadora back in the day, if their riding boots is anything like their soccer boot its a good buy:thumbsup:

Diadora!! I remember having soccer boots made by Diadora back in the day, if their riding boots is anything like their soccer boot its a good buy:thumbsup:
+1 for Diadora if you want something nice and want to save some cash.
I also have some Shift tall boots which are nice and some Sidi short boots which are even more comfortable.

You have a lot of options. The first questions are:
1) How much are you looking to spend?
2) What style do you like?

Got the ICON Accelerant waterproof (2 months). Great fit and comfort. Wanted a boot I could were all day at work. Can't say enough good things.
2009_Icon_Accelerant_Waterproof_Boots_Black.jpg

I have always been a simple boot guy. These are my second pair of Sidi's in 12 years I forget the name but they have a similar model out there right now that I am considering when I replace these in the next 5-6 months, if not sooner. My first pair had a more racing type of soul that I perfer and these have a waffle type. I dont like the waffle soul as much for looks but it has lasted much longer than the last ones with a more smooth soul. They are comfortable, simple and do not draw a lot of attention. The synthetic material that they are made of is really nice, it feels and breathes like leather, no smell or anything like non leather products on cheap shoes.

I have been thinking with the Buell pegs that it might be nice to have a boot with some hard slider type parts on the outer toe, in case my foot gets too close to the ground but I saw a pic on pashnit were he has a lot of lean going and his boot doesnt look that close so I may just stick with these again! Highly recommend, sorry I dont have the model name but if you look at the Sidi Touring boots they are all there. I lost the side pic, oooopppss

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6157.jpg

Back