Got a lil' freaky w/ my custom gipro install...

OH and I got a new toy on the way...  I'm fixing to share in a minute...  Good looking install.  I've seen the Displays placed in a lot of really BAD locations, way down outta the line of sight.  this is the first one I think that actually is positioned right where you want it.  

What I want is some programable shift lights, for both the RX and the Busa.
Have you seen this shift light...

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

I have been using one for about 3 months and love it...
Fully adjustable and programable...

David

If the price was right I'd get one.  I think some black, rounded allen bolts might look better then rivets and would be cheaper then buying as pop rivet gun for those of us who don't have one.

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154007633 -->

"Sweet William" You are just to clever!
There is that dang nickname again....I must be missing something here and I am glad of it......
don't worry Twinkles...it's nuth'in freaky or anything...it's just tufs percieved nickname for me due to my glowing personality and charming online persona.
biggrin.gif

besides...i save my freaky side for dates with "Ouchy"....the clown.
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Got my GI Pro/ATRE on the way and would buck up for the bracket...coated (black)?

We would need some other method for attachment other than rivets.

Thanks Bill

My GI Pro came today. Excellent item. Installed perfectly.... well, until I dropped the velcro inside the fairing somewhere. I mounted the indicator on the lower right corner of the tach face since the needle never goes there anyways. I mounted it in the lower right quarter of the tach face- it is the prefect size to fit right there and not cover any of the odometer.

Installation was seamless but that isn't nearly as nice as the results. My LED placement worked out virtually perfectly- it can be seen from any riding position. Even that isn't as nice as the way it cleans up the low end throttle response. I was honestly expecting to not feel any seat of the pants performance difference/increase but I was mistaken.

To make a long story short, this is one of the best $130 mods I've ever purchased on any bike I've ever owned. For everything involved (except losing the supplied velcro piece), I give them a 10 out of 10!!!

I'm one happy camper. Now to go break in that new Metzeler M3 rear sneaker......

Not to sound stupid but its a gear indicator and what elsr what dies the atre/ge stand for???
GI = Gear Indicator. ATRE = Automatic Timing Retard Eliminator. For whatever reason (I've heard a couple different explanations) Suzuki retards the timing in gears 1 through 4. This little gadget does away with that and can be switched off or on without effecting the gear indicator part. It makes the bike more responsive in those 4 gears and also makes it run smoother. For example when your chugging along in traffic or in a parking lot it gets rid of most of that jerkiness. The automatic means it automatically switches off when bike is in neutral. You get a smoother idle and less engine heat. It also disables the top speed restrictor to unlock the Busa's full potential. I've had mine for a week and I love it.

Manufacturers Website for GI Pro

I received mine Thursday and as soon as I got home from work, I went to the garage and made a bracket! I hade some stock that I was able to cut down and shape. Looks almost like yours. I didn't put quite as much curve on mine as you did as I have the stock windscreen. It worked out perfect though. I can see the display though the top of the windscreen so no need to duck down to look underneath. That was a great idea installing it there. I used screws to fasten and they should stay nice and snug since they screw into the metal piece directly under the plastic. I turned on the ATRE and the bike seems to shift a little smoother and the engine doesn't sound quite as much like a diesel anymore.:D I am very happy with the product!!

Re: Got a lil' freaky w/ my custom gipro install...

so?...since my beloved dark smoke puig touring screen was just a tad too low up front to squeeze mine in on top of the gages?....and ain't willing to give up my puig?...yet wanted my gipro where i wanted it?..front and center...stationary...and not hiding any part of my other stock instrumentation?...i decided a 'lil custom install braketry work was in order...so?...I started out with a 3/4" wide by 6" long piece of 1/8th" alum. strip stock...and first formed a joggle into it to get the location up and over the gages..

GI1.jpg

then finished up the forming of the bends to get things where i wanted...

GI2.jpg

then I used the laid out and drilled bracket to line drill the plastic for (2) 1/8th" rivets....

GI3.jpg

then popped a couple rivets in...

GI4.jpg

then got'er wired up and functioning with the 5th gear mapping set....

GI5.jpg

and viola.....

GI6.jpg

where i wanted and the way i wanted...

sorta "particular" about things....aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Phenomenal craftsmanship!!! Could you PM me the bends? Have a VG Touring Screen and it's pretty low, but thinking you def have the right #'s.
:beerchug:

Back