My No-Mar, Cycle Hill, Tire Changer Assembly

MEBusa

Registered
Got my tire changer from No-Mar the other day. I got it within 3 days of ordering it. I am very impressed, with the packaging, looks & construction of the changer. I was also impressed with the detailed instructions, & DVD that came with it. I'm only posting a few pics here. I had too many with this project to post here (I thought). So you can see the full set in the link, I posted below:

It look me a little over an hour to construct. I've already replaced my rear tire, using the machine (I'm posting that in another thread).

My .org "Time for a New Tire" thread -> here

No-Mar Cycle Hill Tire Changer_6857526461_o.jpg

No-Mar Cycle Hill Tire Changer_6857527225_o.jpg

No-Mar Cycle Hill Tire Changer_6857530197_o.jpg

Bolts_6857528057_o.jpg

Drilling the holes_6857532105_o.jpg

Drilling the holes_6857532879_o.jpg

Alignment tool_6857535063_o.jpg

Alignment tool_6857534101_o.jpg

Alignment tool_6857535945_o.jpg

Drilling holes_6857537287_o.jpg

Tire changer base_6857536551_o.jpg

Tire changer base_6857537863_o.jpg

Tire changer base_6857539263_o.jpg

Tire Changer_6857538737_o.jpg

Bead breaker_6857540093_o.jpg

Tire Changer_6857540831_o.jpg

Tire Changer_6857541847_o.jpg

Tire Changer_6857543095_o.jpg

No-Mar Cycle Hill Tire Changer_6857543659_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx. I didn't want the balancer, because I'm want to try the "Dynabeads" technology. I've read nothing but great reviews, out of them. I'll just have to monitor vibration & tire wear, once I get the bike back on the streets.

How much did it set you back ? Great looking kit, looks like you got everything you need. Suppose to be great for keeping the wheels looking perfect too.

Well I'm getting BSTs for the busa some day soon and I am not going chance zip ties or tire irons on those. It's a No Mar or nuthin. Cycle Hill is the same company, cheaper model.

Which one would you get?

https://www.nomartirechanger.com

The ordinary orange Cycle Hill $495.

Looks like it would get the job done but you lever against that center bar and it is only secured beneath the tire? Does that flex and/or scrape against the wheel bearings? Look at those puny rim mounts. Not so confident about that with my CF rims on there.

Or the CH 100 HD+ $525
Heavier built than the plain Cycle Hill and also has the top support arm for the rod that you lever against. Same puny rim mounts.

OR the Classic HD $645
Same as the CH 100 HD+ but has a lot bigger mounting blocks and I think that's gotta be safer for CF rims.
Has stand level bead breaker instead of floor level bead breaker. If you ask me, the stand level bead breaker isn't a plus as far as applying downforce to break the bead. Still worth the extra $100 for the big mounting blocks?

I have more questions and ideas but will save for later if this thread develops responses.

First, Which one?

I don't have cf wheels(or even a bike now), but have always wondered about what the best way to change tires on them would be.
I wouldn't trust a dealer.
If I could afford the wheels, I think I'de buy and electric tire machine. And a static balancer(have had great results with them over the years), until I could afford an electronic balancer. Both could be had for around $1500.
Here's a bump hoping for some real info.

Thank you sixpack. Man that sucks you are without a bike right now. Hope that trend reverses itself in a hurry.

I have a pretty inexpensive static balancer and yeah, it works just fine. I don't know how much better the No Mar balancer would be.

What I'm getting on another forum is that BST rims should never have contact at the outer edges. The outer edges are where they would mount to a No Mar rather than resting against the spokes like the more conventional tire changer stands. There must be some trick though. I see they are mounting a tire to a CF Rotobox wheel on the No Mar website and that Rotobox is mounted right along the outermost lip of the rim.

Thank you sixpack. Man that sucks you are without a bike right now. Hope that trend reverses itself in a hurry.

I have a pretty inexpensive static balancer and yeah, it works just fine. I don't know how much better the No Mar balancer would be.

What I'm getting on another forum is that BST rims should never have contact at the outer edges. The outer edges are where they would mount to a No Mar rather than resting against the spokes like the more conventional tire changer stands. There must be some trick though. I see they are mounting a tire to a CF Rotobox wheel on the No Mar website and that Rotobox is mounted right along the outermost lip of the rim.

Lol, thanks, I've been without my own bike for about 5 years now. I've had a bunch, so I'm ok.
And, I'm a proffesional motorcycle bum....I ride all my friends' bikes for free.
A good variety and the price is right.
I've been doing this/that around my house, chasing my little girl, and am in the hunt for a used f-150 fx4 at the moment.
But, my eyes are always open for my next bike and project, and I know what I want, so it's all good.

Back to the BST's
Where is the @roadtoad?
He'll know about them, and the best way to change tires on them.

Don't know enough about your wheels in order to suggest a particular model. As far as choosing one brand vs another. Nomar has good products. Have done many changes with theirs. In addition to the info found on the web I'd reach out to them. There great to work with. Very helpful.

It looks like this is the best way to deal with a carbon fibre wheel tyre change.
This guy makes it look soooo easy!

If I could afford the wheels, I'de get that Nomar tire changer, and a static balancer.
It would be nice to never have to take wheels anywhere again.
Some practice on stock wheels, and now knowing that the cf wheels are durable, and can be changed without worry.

And,that guy does look like he's done that at least twice...nobody's that good the first try.

It looks like this is the best way to deal with a carbon fibre wheel tyre change.
This guy makes it look soooo easy!
Thanks guys. Yeah I feel pretty comfortable using one of the models with the big Dog Blocks to change tires on CF wheels. Guess I will get the No Mar Classic. I also found this video which is the sam guy changing a tire on a Rotobox.

Problem now, I don't think I'll be able to afford the wheels until late Fall when the bikes get stored. I will ready though. Gotta have a tire changer before i have the rims.

Back