Got my new Pazzos. Thanks Pashnit!!!

This is my opinion only. You will not have less leverage. I have the shorties on mine and love them. Combine with some braided lines and good pads, its effortless two finger braking. Plus, you can always get at least 3 or 4 fingers on them if need be. But I rarely do.

I have shorties and prefer them.
It's easy to use one or 2 fingers on the brake and clutch.
There is no difference in leverage/stopping power either.
I have both levers adjusted as far from the bars as they'll go. I can 1 or 2 finger the clutch without crushing the fingers on the grip.
I also have ss lines(great improvement in brake feel) and ebc HH extreme propads. I can do a 1 finger stoppie easily, again without crushing the fingers on the grip.
It all depends in what you like/riding style, but they are definately worth riding with for a while and giving yourself some time to get used to.
I find the lever angle itself to be more comfortable in my hands than stock too.
Just one more thing to make the bike fit ME personally better.
More comfortable on the bike equals more confidance and control.:thumbsup:

In reference to the leverage question between shorties and stock length levers (of the same manufacturer), the technical answer is that there is a difference. A longer lever will provide more leverage, assuming that the pressure applied at the end of lever. That's a simple law of physics.

In a practical application you may not notice a difference if you're used to using two fingers and typically apply pressure to the middle of the lever. So if you apply pressure in the middle of a stock length lever, it translates to near the end of a shortie so no practical difference in leverage.

However, if you have a wider grip and are used to applying pressure closer to the end of a stock length lever and/or you use a full four finger grip, you will notice a difference if you move to a shortie.

Gentlemen, thank you for your helpfull answers, I need to borrow my friends bike to try them out.

Best regards Stretch :bowdown:

More advertising for Tim. And yes, technically a longer lever gives more leverage as stated. But this is also a hydraulic, not mechanical braking system.

2011-04-11_17-36-45_124.jpg

More advertising for Tim. And yes, technically a longer lever gives more leverage as stated. But this is also a hydraulic, not mechanical braking system.

Hydraulic systems generally will require less grip pressure compared to a mechanical system on the same bike but what I stated about leverage still applies. It's all relative. That said, those levers sure look good. I may go for some full length levers like that. I wish I could get used to using the shorties. :sulk:

Back