Growing up in the 70's

The early 70s...... The city swimming pool in the summer, DQ ice cream, riding my Schwinn 10 speed, fishing down at the Mississippi river, playing sand lot baseball.

The late 70s....... High school, rock concerts in St. Louis, my first car, catching the science lab on fire in HS, watching that hideous emergency child birth film in health class, seeing my friend pass out from watching that hideous emergency child birth film, girls, girls, girls, playing pool for my lunch money, playing foosball, and so much more I can't talk about.

:laugh:

My Big Wheel had that awesome blue hand brake on the right rear wheel! If you were good you could do a 360...if you were really good you could roll it over!

photo0.jpg

Then there was the Chuckle Bug. I remember it so well. :laugh: You could go in reverse, then jam the stick shift forward and the front end would wheelie. It would tilt all the way back and hit the spare tire which also free wheeled. One drive wheel still powered and the spare tire touching the ground rotating allowed for fast 360 wheelies! And YES it was made to do that!

My first wheelie....how long do you think this would last on the market today?

photo1.jpg

I had the non-station wagon version of that Opal Kadette as my first car...... LOL

The mighty Big Wheel - the only vehicle to go through tires faster than a Busa. But what a drifting machine. I'm just a bit older and I remember Marble the Mustang - clearly not as fun as the Big Wheel...

Back