Oil suction pump for oil return..

02BusaAndy

Registered
I have a stage 1 turbo hayabusa and I noticed that when I have to get on the brakes hard, a little puff of smoke comes from the exhaust. I want to install an oil suction pump on my bike but don't know which one is good and which ones you turbo guys are running. If you have pictures of them installed on your bike and would post them up, it would be great. And if you can let me know what kind to get and where to get it, thanks guys...

I had the same problem on mine...I broke down and got the pump from Big CC racing. Orient Express is the only US dealer that I know of that sells it but it is like over $600 dollars if I remember right, and may take a month or so to get it in....I just remember it was really expensive....but it works like a champ....my turbo never smokes anymore. it will fit under the fairing as well. I hated the smoking....and every time someone noticed it they felt like they had to stop me and bring it to my attention....annoying. And you don't have to use the sump method that I've seen with other pumps....it works as advertised just run the lines that they give you and you're done. It comes with a 1 way valve for the feed side and then the return goes to the pump which is bolts over your starter motor cover on the right side of the bike. You can see it and the one way valve hanging off the front of the motor in this pic.

IMG_1155.jpg

I don't know what stage 1 kit you have but, I 'm having the same problem with my Velocity stage 2. I looked into the pumps and I've read ALOT of what these Very Knowledgeable people on this site have written about this subject. First, make sure your oil breather is unobstructed. I was told to keep an open breather (No filter or hose at all) which I am going to do. Next, I am going to Re-pipe my oil return line so it does not trap any oil. The earlier velocity kits were mounted low and had a problem with oil entering the turbo when the motor is off And as I found, somehow doing the same thing when I hit hard on the brakes and come to a stop. I was also told that the Dbl.BB. Turbo's didn't have a Great Oil Seal also. To answer your question as best as I can about the scavenge pumps, I found that alot of people were going through alot of electric pumps for what ever reason. I did research and found that the mechanical pumps were the way to go But, They are Big Bucks! which is why I am going to try all the other things First.

Try to talk to FRANK from POWERHOUSE! He seems to be the Man to talk to about these things. Fortunately, I found out that his shop is 2.5 hours from my house. I finially found someone that I can take it to when I'm going to upgrade my entire system..Good Luck!

Franks shop is just under 3 hours away from me and he tuned my bike, I have the Velocity Racing Stage 1 kit and don't have any problems with it. I just wanted to keep the oil from returning into the turbo during hard braking. JRivera2002, that pump looks crazy but seems to be well worth the money, I was looking for something a little cheaper though...

Franks shop is just under 3 hours away from me and he tuned my bike, I have the Velocity Racing Stage 1 kit and don't have any problems with it. I just wanted to keep the oil from returning into the turbo during hard braking. JRivera2002, that pump looks crazy but seems to be well worth the money, I was looking for something a little cheaper though...

Please give me a call on Tuesday a little later in the day. I can hook you up with a good electric scavenge pump that is not like the POS Mr. Turbo pumps, and doesn't hit the wallet too hard either . . .:laugh:

Back