Little Buick V6 Stock Block getten it done.....

GNBRETT

Registered
This is the quickest and fastest Turbo Regal Stock Block to date..... not bad for a little V6. This is a 109 block NOT a Stage motor. Car races in the TSM class (Turbo Street Modified). Car is no light weight either. It weighs 3550 lbs. and runs a 71 mm Turbo per class rules. Stock style suspension to.

@ 153.65 New Unofficial Turbo Street Modified Record V6 Stock Block Jason White - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine owned one of the first 50. It was a GNX. These came just before the Grand National.
It was a super fast car and was beautiful as well. Was an 87 I believe?

They put that engine in a Trans Am one year and that car I always wanted.

the GNX was a fast car back in 87 but still only about 300 hp which by todays standards is nothing special. the GNX will fetch anywhere between $60-$120k tho. untitled ones will fetch the most money. there was 547 made and probably 300 or so left in the world.

the motor in the 1989 Turbo TA was slightly different then the one in the Grand National. the heads and DP were different but other then that pretty much the same.

here are some pics from my Turbo Regal (87 Turbo T) that I sold a couple years ago....

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 011.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 042.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 037.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 025.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 019.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 035.jpg

TURBO T FINAL DETAIL 036.jpg

Beautiful Brett.
I had a customer of mine years ago when I owned a detailing company here in PB.
He had a 'carosserie' which had about 100 cars in it. Everything from supercharged dusenbergs to muscle cars. One of them was one of the original 50 GNXs. His in particular was the 'horsepower experimental' one. It had a 200 page book with it in trunk from factory detailing all the experiments Buick did to it in process of designing the factory retail cars. It was rated at like 425hp, still not much but then it was cool. That car was worth a bit is say. He also had serial number one Zr1 which was the mercury motored Bette Chevy made.

thats cool, these are one of my all time favorite cars.

pretty crazy what can be done with some of these older small motors. look at huber's svo 4cyl runs low nines i think its been in the eights before too. :thumbsup:

What was that red box or bag that flew out back on first pass?
Center cone in strip or his chute pack?

That thing is flying. I love those cars, always have. Friend in high school's dad had a GN, then bought a GNX when those came out. Pure badassery on wheels.

That and a ZX14 would be a nice pair. Because both are hideous, but fast...the faster they can move out of sight the better, IMO. :laugh:

Back