Show your 2008 busa with rim color other than the original gold...

Trax

Banned
I wanna see some pics of a 2008 hayabusa with rims other than the original gold....

I am thinking of getting my gold rims powder coated.

Done.

011.jpg

Originally it was blue w/gold wheels, then went to orange and just wasn't feeling the gold. Switched them out for a new stock take off set of blacks from an 11, then went with the Marchesini's and then ended up repainting bike back to a blue just different color. Gonna probably do up a set of bright red fairings this winter to give her a new look next year. :laugh:

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN6422.jpg

DSCN7962.jpg

DSCN8410.jpg

DSCN8709.jpg

Not feeling the gold either. I'm thinking chrome. Possibly a used set off eBay or something to keep my cost down. The black lowers have to go also. Too much black on the blue/gold.

I think I've decided on blue/silver with some gold accents.

Some more from the Pashnit archives

Still the gold rims, but check out the blue on blue.
blueblue_raceready_busa6.jpg

silver_rims_IMG_4018.jpg

Two-tone looks cool!

silverrims__busa16.jpg

silverrims-side.jpg

blueblue_raceready_busa6.jpg

silver_rims_IMG_4018.jpg

silverrims__busa16.jpg

silverrims-side.jpg

I had the same idea and finally decided on this. ( I am an ex Kawi owner and thought seriously about kawi green. Could not find a local Powder coater to do it though) Ended up doing the Orange. I am having issues posting a picture. Hoping to figure it out...Busaziggy

IM000826.jpg

I do like the gold wheels. Perhaps the factory finish on mine was not the best example. I found the finish to rather pebbly. The more miles and subsequent grime I had on the wheels the more they became less gold and more dull. I changed mine out so I could get a more durable finish. If I had been able to find a good looking gold powder coat option I would have gone that route. I still might. I have the original wheels.....ziggy

Back