Foothills Ride yesterday

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
I went on a foothills ride yesterday with a group I ride with alot. I shot some video with the gopro for the first time yesterday and snapped some pictures with it. The others were taken by another rider who did an excellent job of capturing the moment.

1.jpg

He caught me in deep thought about something

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

beautiful bike

5.jpg

trying this position out

6.jpg

7.jpg

nice old school bike

GOPR0108.jpg

GOPR0110.jpg

photographer of the first six pictures on the right( great job)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

GOPR0108.jpg

GOPR0110.jpg

Nice pictures but where's the video?

First time with the camera so the footage isn't great(camera was aimed down too much). i'm working on editing it down. I filmed over an hour and a half of riding these backroads.

I was wondering if you could feel any wind resistance with your gopro stuck on top of your helmet like that?

I couldn't tell any difference as far as wind resistance. I could hear it moving in the mount when I hit a jarring bump.

See if this works. I was playing sweeper on this ride so everyone is in front. The guy in front of me was new to our group and riding mountain roads.

ride - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures... Kinda in the Motorcycle doldrums here in No. Va. but we had an exceptional day Saturday into the 60's.

great pics...nothing better than getting with a few friends and splitting the wind together :beerchug:

See if this works. I was playing sweeper on this ride so everyone is in front. The guy in front of me was new to our group and riding mountain roads.

ride - YouTube[/url]

Don't get upset at me, it's just my opinion and it's free so it has absolutely no value. I don't like the mount or camera angle. I couldn't see far enough down the road. What did you think about it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on his helmet, just needs to tilt it up a little more. Recommend getting it right, then making a mark on the mount so you will know where it is in the future. You have no idea how much problem I've had with this over the last year filming Team Gixxer.

Don't get upset at me, it's just my opinion and it's free so it has absolutely no value. I don't like the mount or camera angle. I couldn't see far enough down the road. What did you think about it ?

I totally agree with you. I shot footage earlier before the first stop and it was horrible. I've got the lcd screen so I could check what I filmed. After seeing it was too low, I raised it some. After the next section, which is on the video, I checked and it was still shooting too low but worth keeping. It's hard to judge with it perched on top of your head. As soon as the weather improves, I'm going out on my own and just shoot a few minutes and adjust until it's perfect. I'm also going to try different mounting positions

Back