Lets see your "Custom" exhaust!

Here's my home made exhaust I had on my 2006, at first I had stock header with two plain exhaust tips I packed myself, now Yosh headers to single tip packed & baffled myself. I'll try uploading a sound clip. Btw it cost me about 40 when I made the 2 tips for the factory header.

0f542c94.jpg

Here's my home made exhaust I had on my 2006, at first I had stock header with two plain exhaust tips I packed myself, now Yosh headers to single tip packed & baffled myself. I'll try uploading a sound clip. Btw it cost me about 40 when I made the 2 tips for the factory header.

Did it sound like you were running open headers??

I just completed a big Cut & Gut on my stockers. They seem to sound pretty good, but I haven't actually ridden with them as it is colder than a bastard out here. :banghead:

I intend to have the local shop do a tune to get the fuel ratio back where it needs to be. And if they just don't have enough backpressure I was thinking of installing some kind of disk between mid-pipe and muffler. We'll see.

08602521.jpg

7b55b1a0.jpg

I'll post some better pics when this crapulous weather goes away.

Here is my stock header modified to a single side

01.jpg

Here is a pic with the gutted midpipe and shorty yoshi can. I had to cut open the midpipe in 2 places just to get everything out then tig it back together.

02.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

I finally got to ride with the modded Cut/Gut stockers! I'm pretty happy with how it sounds. Much better tone, but not obnoxious :whistle:

Of course I couldn't really give it much of a test as it's POURING rain and the roads are full of gravel. But so far as bang for the buck, I think it went very well!

I did the same thing but modded the stock canister to keep it looking stock. I used 2 1/4" SS midpipe and 2 1/4" Perforated pipe for the canister

tn_DSC043142.jpg

DSC04320.jpg

tn_DSC04342.jpg

Busashot, it was you that gave me that idea. I had seen it on here before but didn't plan on doing it until I trashed one side. Between the weight savings and being able to get to the chain easier it's a win-win.

Busashot, it was you that gave me that idea. I had seen it on here before but didn't plan on doing it until I trashed one side. Between the weight savings and being able to get to the chain easier it's a win-win.

Glad I could inspire someone.

I dont know how many times I have heard the "Oh I didnt hear or see you" line.

I have never, ever, EVER heard of someone saying that the reason why they ran someone else over is because they didn't hear them.

Also, IMO, exhaust tips look retarded, like something that a crackhead would think looked good on his '82 Continental.

I have never, ever, EVER heard of someone saying that the reason why they ran someone else over is because they didn't hear them.

Also, IMO, exhaust tips look retarded, like something that a crackhead would think looked good on his '82 Continental.

That's some funny chit. :laugh:

Back