Pre-winter/winter project

nabusa

Registered
Starting my winter project early since my dear little brother decided to lay her down this weekend. It'll take me a few months to get her completely finished up. I tore my bike down completely yesterday. I am starting from scratch. What's better then a Gen1 with a Gen2 motor? Add a turbo :laugh: I toke my motor out and will be changing out the valve springs and valves out so I can boost it safely. So far the swingarm is out, motor is out and just the frame and forks remain. Not sure if I want to paint the frame or leave it polished. I'll make up my mind once all of my parts are in. I already notched the frame for my 240 arm I will be installing. It's be a few days and I am already going through with drawl of not riding. Rode my zx6 for the first time this year and it's just not the same. Spring time can't come soon enough! Here's a few pics of the process so far.

busa.jpg

busa (1).jpg

busa (2).jpg

busa (3).jpg

lol, it's not hard once you know what you are doing. First time I installed a motor it toke me like 8hrs! But now I can do it in a few hrs.

How much time did it take to polish that frame??I want to do that this winter.What did you use??Cant wait to see the end result when you get done.

I used soap and water, started with 200, 400, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 grit sand paper. Once you get the 1000 grit is pretty easy after that. Once I got to the 2000 grit I just used mothers polish. I polished it by hand. From start to finish I say about 12hrs of work. I toke my time and did every curve and corner. I tried it first with my rims, once I did it there that's when I did my frame.

Got my PM Cartel 18x8.5 rim in. I'll be using the dunlop elite 250/40/18 tire since it's wider (looking) then a 240 or a 260 tire. I don't even wanna put any wheel weights on this thing lol man is this rim shiney! I am weighing my options on between a stroker motor or turbo. A few people have been playing devil advocate on both ends, but will have to make up my mind soon.

Cartel.jpg

I spent a little time today notching the frame for the chain. It was a lot easier then I thought. Installed the swingarm and test fitted the wheel. Changed out the valves and springs in my motor and it's ready to be installed back on the frame. School needs to be over so I can get some free time!

2011-11-05_12-33-33_154.jpg

2011-11-05_12-33-52_505.jpg

2011-11-05_12-34-29_834.jpg

2011-11-05_12-35-14_552.jpg

2011-11-05_12-37-18_520.jpg

Back