Busa vs. BMW 1000r?

Sorry, I must need to be reminded what bike holds pretty much all the speed records for motorcycles... Whats it called again? :whistle:

I am seriously considering replacing my 05 turbo Busa, Keeping my B King and getting either the BWM or the 2012 zx14. I would be interested inhearing from guys with real seat time on the s100rr.

The BMW is a nice bike, but if you want to talk about performance, tell him to look at the standings in World Superbike or AMA Superbike. Where's BMW? End of story.

back in the summer i posted a thread becouse i hade a race with one..long story short we are at the same level as riders but he hade the advantage with hp to weight ratio anyway we went at it 5 times at and he dident have a chance...H.P is not everything dont for get about all that great Torque the busa makes..this was drag racing

Here a pic for from my buddies FB page. I just texted him to find out what kinda ETA and mph he is turning on the BMW..

I know Stock to Stock the bmw is faster then a Gen 2.

311003_155744794519564_103437703083607_264355_122764130_n.jpg

Here is his response.

Domonic Anderson ‎(SWB), stock motor, foot shiftn, lowerd, tuned & after market exhuast, "NO WEIGHT" 9.05, 160mph.... (Stretched 64") foot shiftn, stock motor, personal best 8.58, 158mph!!
5 minutes ago · Like

Coming out of the last turn on to the front straight at Barber (for roughly 2500 miles) I can say this. Nothing will pull harder than a Busa from the same RPM. Turning onto the front straight at 3K or so the Busa will walk just about anything. Once you reach turn one, it's all over. The Busa is a Big Girl and doesn't want to stop. The GSXR or BMW is going to run over the Big Girl. I'm uploading a video now of the last time out at Barber where a BMW and my GSXR lined up many times with pinned throttles and there is not much difference. The rider would win the race. Roll on your Busa from about 30 or 40 miles an hour in the same gear and you will kill the BMW. Roll up on the BMW with the BMW rider running 6 or 7K and you're toast. You have a wicked fast bike...either way you win. :)

If somebody would buy me the BMW I'd be glad to give a full ride report :)

Truth is, for the price of a stock BMW, you can buy and mod any Busa to spank the BMW's little hiney every time, and still have a more comfortable ride to boot, not to mention the cost of parts and maintenance.

And I can buy about 2.5 GSXR 1000's which Charlie (and I on occassion) have passed BMW's at Barber several times (all about the rider) and we have the video to prove it.

If I had a million dollars, you can dang well bet I have a Patriot scheme 1000RR (:bowdown:Loomis) as it is pure art; but since I'm going to ride it on the street and maybe track sometimes, I'm still a Zuk fan!

TEAM GIXXER!!!

I have ridden the BMW and it is crazy fast, it is faster then my stock hayabusa. My turbo busa will blow it away in straight line though

well all you could talk about is straight line racing becouse the busa is not a track bike so of course the bmw will beat it on a track but when your talking 1/4 mile or 0 to top speed my friends bmw hade no chance and unless anyone here has raced one and has hade real world Experience with 1/4 mile or any type of straight line racing stop posting B.S and shut your hole.. and anyone in the N.J area that would like real world Experience im available any time:laugh:

It seems like all the liter-size and up sportbikes are giving the busa hell anymore. Without some changes soon we'll be right above the 750 class :laugh:
I think its turbo-time for my first gen just to try and represent a little :banghead:

A decent set up Grand National will spank just about any ZO6 in the 1/4 mile but the ZO6 will spank it on a road race course. their built for different reason just as the Busa and BMW are. comparing one against another is simply apples to oranges.

MOST of ones riding will be street or highway. very few are going to carve corners all day long with their MC so overall the Busa is a better choice. it is more comfortable, cheaper and has the ability to make 600+ hp. no BMW will do that.

I always give liter bikes hard time with my Gen 1, mods I have are Yoshi cams, airbox mod, and brocks system. This morning I had a run against my buddy on his 08 gixxer with full system akrapovic, till 170 and he's at my tail.

Here's the thing, Suzuki, Honda, Kawaski are all bound by the gentlemen's agreement limiting all of their bikes to 186mph therefore it's not really a top priority to have a bike that will exceed that number. So they simply want to get there as fast as possible.

BMW, Ducati, and MV Augusta have no such limits placed upon them, so the Euro guys are really poking a chained dog with a stick and saying ha ha ha we are faster than you!

Take away the limit and then the Pitbull and Rotweilers start taking pounds of flesh, just look at how fast the original Busa was! Topping 200 out of the crate, so it really isn't fair when one has limits and the other doesn't.

It will never make a difference yeah the new BMW will whoop my ass as I ride an 01 and its 11 year old technology. But I can put a 1441 kit in her or a Turbo and blow that BMW out of the water and still be able to afford to eat good that night. Other bikes might be faster but the busa has the aftetmarket by its balls and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Back