newbie. bought a busa in bad shape..pics of her transformation..

busagreg

Registered
whats up guys newbie here to the site. had plenty of bikes over the years but this is my first busa.
a lil info on it..found it on craigslist, it had a polished frame and one off swingarm that they only chromed the outside of so they both were dingy and swingarm rusted as u can see in pics...the paint..o where do i start, first off it had a bad paint job on top of another bad paint job. it was painted all white but they didnt use any flex agent so if u flicked it or rubbed it the paint would flake off. they painted everything so overspray everywhere. other than the few factory bolts the fairings where on with zip ties.
pretty much about as ugly as u can imagine..thats why i dont have too many pics of it before cause i couldnt bear to take them. mechanically the bike was perfect. 04 with 10k miles and runs like a top, which i was highly surprised after test riding. but to make a long story short i wanted a busa..got a real good deal on this one, so figured it would be a good start for my next project..

19.jpg

and i decided to go with a red and white two tone paint job and two toned matching frame also ..and sand down the swingarm and paint to match..u cant tell from pics but gas cap was spray painted, the undertail dropped down while he was riding and chain chewed a huge hole in it, they did a good job with the chrome on the swingarm but they didnt chrome the inside of the holes cut in it or by the rear axle and adjusters so it looked horrible and rusty. and the headlight has a melted spot where they put too bright of an hid in i imagine..but like i said it ran and shifted perfectly some how and was just on the bad end of bad paintjobs and spray paint jobs and a half ass wanna be customization

this is where shes at right now...ill post up more pics as i clean her up some more and get her how i want..hopefully going to get the chrome grips and bar ends on tomorrow and cut the yoshi pipe down some and put a couple other lil chrome peices i have on along with a chrome pass peg mounted license plate bracket..shes still got a lil ways to go but atleast im not too ashamed to sit on it now

and im also gonna put white kanji symbols on the front fairings to break up the red a lil more and gsx1300r in white on each side of the tail along with color matched red seats

:welcome: to the board and congrats on a great job so far, i like it :beerchug:

Welcome! Lookin' much better. Silver forks and black calipers with galfer rotors would look great.

Coming together very well.. Congrats and welcome to the site.. Good luck on that project.. Very interested in the final project.

Back