Interested in an undertail with extra storage?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319157673.899292.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.319546,-117.150382

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319157673.899292.jpg

If we're think along the same lines I have been assembling some dedicated boards for a year now. I have a board that can sense lean, acceleration, etc.; a GPS board to give me speed & direction; and a weather board for temp, humidity & pressure. I am trying to tie them together with a microcontroller rather than a computer and logging data onto an SD card.

If it all works, I'll have a data logger, lap timer, weather info on those long trips, and the ability to control a gyro camera or possible path following lights. Right now I'm struggling with programming.

So when can we order a Trunk from Tiger Racing?

If we're think along the same lines I have been assembling some dedicated boards for a year now. I have a board that can sense lean, acceleration, etc.; a GPS board to give me speed & direction; and a weather board for temp, humidity & pressure. I am trying to tie them together with a microcontroller rather than a computer and logging data onto an SD card.

If it all works, I'll have a data logger, lap timer, weather info on those long trips, and the ability to control a gyro camera or possible path following lights. Right now I'm struggling with programming.

So when can we order a Trunk from Tiger Racing?

My computer is for media, internet, GPS, systems integration, and diagnostics. I can add the sensors to the computer and montor/record that kind of stuff. Might i forward you to Fusion Brain & Accessories and check out their forums. a lot of people are doing what you are trying and can be a major resource.

I am to test the undertail and report my findings to Guy. after that and after any adjustments or whatnot, I think he will start making them. He may be better suited to answer this question though

Your bike isn't lowered is it? If it's not do you think theres enough clearance for lowered bikes?

Actually my bike is +1 in the rear. I can assure you that this will not work on a lowered bike. it is roughly 4 inches lower in the middle than the stock piece (using my finger to measure).

My computer is for media, internet, GPS, systems integration, and diagnostics. I can add the sensors to the computer and montor/record that kind of stuff. Might i forward you to Fusion Brain & Accessories and check out their forums. a lot of people are doing what you are trying and can be a major resource.

I am to test the undertail and report my findings to Guy. after that and after any adjustments or whatnot, I think he will start making them. He may be better suited to answer this question though

Actually my bike is +1 in the rear. I can assure you that this will not work on a lowered bike. it is roughly 4 inches lower in the middle than the stock piece (using my finger to measure).

Thanks for the reply

Here's a couple of pic's of the TT2-13B Inner Fender with trunk space in an subframe before it is mounted on the bike. I have 20 of them being made as we speak.

TT2-13B_a600.jpg

TT2-13B_b400.jpg

TT2-13B_c600.jpg

They will run $119.95 and come with a license plate tag holder.

Damn, look at all that space available. You won't be able to drop your bike and slam it to the ground with one of these but you should still be able to use the 2nd hole in your lowering links. If you intend to slam your bike, you will still need to use the standard TT-13B inner Fender.

guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine in the 2nd hole but am wondering when my wife rides will it hit then? Do I need to pay in advance to get on the list? Thanks

Can't wait to see it with the whole tail section together. Kind of hard to judge depth the way it is right now. Is that a 2 liter bottle, or a 1 liter, etc. Guy, you're pics look good, but they again don't show depth. Can you do a comparison shot? Like stock next to yours?

Part looks great though!!

Can't compare. I don't have a gen2 or OEM unit. I took pictures of the customers prototype. Again, this unit was made for more room, not to lower bike. And if you use the 2nd hole, you CAN NOT have a second rider. I would also recommend that you tighten your shock spring up quite a bit.
You can't lower your bike and have room to carry stuff. You must choose your option wisely. Do you want to lower your bike or do you want more room in the trunk?
You can't have both. Not my fault, blame Suzuki.

Guy

Last edited:
Back