Need a black windscreen

Are you serious?

That sounds like an idea.

I found a nice gloss black one, can you see through them?

Do you even need to see through them?

I wont be racing.

Would painting it mess with my vision of the road?

What paint?

I painted the back of a friends and it look great. No you cant see through it, but you really dont need to any way...unless you are tucked or want to film through it.

Rustoleum plastic paint. Just clean the backside of the screen with mild soap and water, dry it well, then paint it.

I'll see if I can find any pics. It was a while back and I have had a computer change since then.

Check the sponsors but a rattle can of black and a little of your time will do ya.

Here is mine. Stocker painted flat black on the inside. It always looks gloss black on the outside due to the plastic! Looks great!

GNation1.jpg

GNation1.jpg

A friend of mine has used plasti dip spray, it can peel off easily if you change your mind later on.

^ I like how you left the lip clear! :thumbsup: ^

Here's another shot of mine, I painted right up to the edge..

screen2.JPG

that's pretty sweet, i would have done that to mine, but i do tuck under mine from time to time. so i went with the dark smoke from puig.

Here's mine. Just used flat black on the inside and taped the lip.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1318910688528.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1318910790687.jpg

That's what I did to a stock windscreen I gave Peregrine Falcon. It looks fantastic! I rattlecanned my Gix 6 windscreen that way and it's held up for 5 years without a touch up! I used the for use with plastic specific paint from wallyworld. It shows something along the lines of painting your outside plastic chairs and such on the label.

spray paint the back side of a stock one.

Here's some pictures of the back and front

How i did mine and recommend doing it this way:

Got some 2000 grit and warm water/soap mixture, and clean the backside of it removing all dirt and grit. When you dry it off, you want the entire back to look really cloudy make sure its not shiny anywhere, use some 70%+ Polypropylene rubbing alcohol after its dry to completely clean it. Tape it off however you want your lines to be on the back, and spray it with Gloss, or flat black plastic paint (whichever you prefer) I used gloss black Kyron Fusion plastic paint.

DSCN1673.jpg

Back side of it

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

Picture do not do justice how clean and shiny it is. I also used 2000 grit and wet sanded any imperfections in my tape job, then i waxed the front with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound like it was a lonely friday night. That took a while, it came out extremely clean and well. I also do a lot of smoke jobs (tails, turns, etc) if anyone wants a write up on that, or wants to see some pictures.

For the record, I didn't do nearly any prep for mine... I cleaned the whole inside with rubbing alcohol and that was it. Then I masked it and sprayed it. :laugh:

Different strokes for different folks. My paint hasn't cracked, chipped, or worn off as of yet... It doesn't see any weather or stress at all on the backside of the windshield, so I just made sure it was really clean and sprayed away!

If you want to see thru a darker screen then you can use a product called "VHT nite shades". Sells for about $20 and it is a specialized spray paint that you can control the darkness by how many coates you apply. It is designed for plastic lenses as a transparent blackout tail light cover. I had some left over so I sprayed it till I got total black coverage, was about 7 application coates.

Before - a Puig gradient smoked shield, you can see the grab bar and gas cap thru the shield.
front.jpg

After the nite shades, you can't see the stone wall behind the bike. The turn signals are lightly smoked.
IMG_1961.jpg

Back