Which bike is better?

Hayabusawannabe

Registered
A 2003 with about 13k miles and lightly scratched plastics.
OR
A 2006 with about 30K miles and perfect paint.

From what I've been reading there isn't a mechanical difference between the two but there is about a
$1000 dollar difference! So which would you go for?

All other things being equal go with lower miles.
If either is black it needs extra consideration. :-)

via Tapatalk

as above you can fix paint but 30k is 30k not that 30k is high for a big engine but everything else has done 30k also so you may well be spending a lot after purchase:thumbsup:

and if its black all the better :laugh:

you can repaint the entire bike for less than 1k. Is the paint just scrached or are the plastics rashed? Sounds like the 03 is a beter deal.

Sounds like the 06 has been taken care of .Might be a better deal with a newer bike with higher milage. I had rather have a 06 with 30k and great maintenance than an 03 with 13k and looks like it has been treated like a rented car fron the get go. Taken care of 30k is nothing on these bikes. Might want to consider the maturity level of the owner as well.

My 06 belonged to someone my age, not a youngster. He may have enjoyed the power but it was not hammered all the time or from each stop light like I see the youngsters around town doing.

OK so the 03 is copper colored with a black frame. The pictures look really good and the plastic doesn't look broken or severely thrashed. I called and they said yes it had been down on both sides. I got side tracked so I wasn't able to go see it. I dunno but I'm guessing its somewhat stock (which is what I want) because there are no obvious aftermarket parts. The original rear turn signals and license plate frame are on it too. Basically I'm hoping it will be one of those "Bought it new-didn't ride it much-decided to get something else" type bike but we'll see.

The 06 is a all original black beauty! Just from talking to the owner I can tell it's lived a good life. Only problem is the price exceeds the budget. With a bit more time it wouldnt be an issue but it seems these things go fast... Well they go fast when I'm interested in buying them.

To be honest I'd pass on both of them if I could get the one that got me interested enough to run to the bank for a loan. It was a low mile 06 white limited with extras! I told the guy I had cash and would come the next day to pick it up but he took a deposit from someone else a few hours before I could get there. :'(

the season is almost over for many and im sure ull see plenty more for sale. u should kool ur jets and be patient. times r tough for many and only getting tougher. wat is the rush other then ur desire to get one? is it ur only means of transportation? if not, slo ur roll. there is always a decent busa for sale somewhere.

Less miles dosen't mean it was cared for better. Don't just consider the odo and plastics, take as close of a look as you can at it. Look at both sprockets front and rear, removing the cover on the front sprocket is nothing. If you can remove the plastics check for damage from a get off or fall. Take a look at the wire harness to see if it has been spliced into and covered with electrical tape..( Not using shrink wrap is just lazy:laugh:) tells you something about the owner. Not sure if you will be able to ride without a full cash in hand deposit, but need to make sure it shifts properly tranny problem is expensive. When you check it make sure its a cold start up and that it wasn't warmed up for you before you came to see it. Year difference is most definetly irrelevent.

the season is almost over for many and im sure ull see plenty more for sale. u should kool ur jets and be patient. times r tough for many and only getting tougher. wat is the rush other then ur desire to get one? is it ur only means of transportation? if not, slo ur roll. there is always a decent busa for sale somewhere.

good advice winter is coming (uk) and parts of the us so its a great time to haggle plus the recession will produce bargains.

take your time and get the best bike you can find and always walk away if in any doubt as the next one may be the one !!

'06 Black, clear front signal lens. Thinking a few electrical changes and maybe better ECU. 30K not much.

Alrighty people I am officially a member of the cool kids club! Yeah! :D Now the original plan was to wait for winter but I was looking to see what's out there and I came across the 06 LE with crazy extras so I got a loan but the guy sold it. So now I had a loan but no bike and X amount of days to find another one or give the check back so that's why I was considering the scratched 2003. Just as I was about to go look at it (and offer $4K for it) a showroom perfect 2005 with 7700 miles shows up and I snapped it up! :D

OMG! This thing is S-C-A-R-Y fast!!!!!!

Did have a problem on the way home, I stalled it at the light and it wouldn't start again. The previous owner said he put a new battery in but this bugger was dead as a door knob. I left my phone in the car with my buddy (I know dumb) so I walked home and when we came back to jump it, it started right up and has been fine since. It was really hot that day so only thing I can guess is the battery over heated. I'm thinking there's something else wrong fuel wise because I filled it up put about 160 to 170 freeway miles on it and now it's empty??? HUH? Computer says I'm averaging 43 so something is wrong. And what is with the fuel tank cap? It makes a whilstling sound occasionally! Oh well it's supposed to rain next week so it's off to the shop.

dear haybwbe,
Great paint will always look great.Everytime you look at the scratches,you will only see the sratches.I have 46,000+ on my blue busa.High milage with good care(oil changes) and a good paper trail to document that are a must.
Fairng side panels and nose section will run you $1,500.00. I know from experience.Maybe you could RUB out the scratches if not too deep.
p.s. ANY BUSA IS BETTER THAN NO BUSA!

batteries do not just OVER HEAT.The whisting gas cap means there is a "clog" in the caps vent.43 mpg is average.170 miles on a tank is also average.

Which is better? This one!

SN850664.jpg

Hello!

SN850665.jpg

Stickers removed by the previous owner. I was pissed at first but since I live in the 209 it's probably a good thing maybe nobody will know what it is.

SN850666.jpg

100% Bone stock just what I was looking for.

SN850668.jpg

:)

Back