What Sprockets are you guys using?

DragginBusa

Registered
Hey everyone!

So I have been searching around on the forum about sprockets and all the little goodies I am bound to feel about going +3 in the rear (leaving the front stock). What I want to know is what you guys are running on your sprockets, your thoughts/opinions and who you think makes the best and most reliable sprocket.

Thanks again guys!

SuperSprox & Vortex are likely most popular brands. Vortex look freakin' cool & come in multiple colors. SuperSprox is a tri-metal sprocket and are beloved by the sport-touring guys b/c they last 2x,3x as long as a normal sprocket. They come in gold & silver, and for +$30, you can get custom colors too.

There are a host of other baseline brands: JT Sprockets, Parts Unlimited, Sunstar, Renthal, etc. Kinda like oil, everyone has their favorites.

200,000 miles of riding, and I've got SuperSprox.

mine are standard as i cant be bothered to buy a speedo healer to fix the speedo after fitting different sprox.

i usually go -1 or -1+ 1 or 2 as that keeps the chain at the same length +3 is quite a lot and may require another link (not sure)

just going +2 will perk the bike up and no issues with chain length plus smaller front is more stressful to the chain etc

Gen II

Supersprox 45 tooth on rear - Front standard! (+1 on STD)
Gives the bike a little more low down Torque, Lifts the front wheel even easier in first and second and doesn't restrict any top end speed.

I looked at both Vortex & Supersprox and wouldn't change to anything else other then Supersprox!!!

269511_10150379420377571_772852570_10212173_4097597_n.jpg

269171_10150379419292571_772852570_10212138_146205_n.jpg

268386_10150379419557571_772852570_10212149_7662009_n.jpg

Staying stock in the front and going +3 in the rear you can still use the stock chain length. I've done it on an 06 and my 2011 and worked fine.

18/39 on Gen II. I tour on my Busa and love the set up. Going with a 19 front this winter, always a steel sprocket of some sort, I will never go with aluminum.

Thanks everyone, looks like supersprox might be the way to go....reliability is always important!

Does the SuperSprox come in a 46? I am looking on Pashnit and only see a 45, anyone?

Nice touch on the details, Ty! I like the gold and blue..[ QUOTE=Tyron;2766620]Gen II

Gives the bike a little more low down Torque, Lifts the front wheel even easier in first and second and doesn't restrict any top end speed.

I looked at both Vortex & Supersprox and wouldn't change to anything else other then Supersprox!!![/QUOTE]

Gen II

I looked at both Vortex & Supersprox and wouldn't change to anything else other then Supersprox!!!

Hey ty,

How did you you get a BLUE SUPERSPROX sprocket? thought they where only in gold?

SuperSprox & Vortex are likely most popular brands. Vortex look freakin' cool & come in multiple colors. SuperSprox is a tri-metal sprocket and are beloved by the sport-touring guys b/c they last 2x,3x as long as a normal sprocket. They come in gold & silver, and for +$30, you can get custom colors too.

There are a host of other baseline brands: JT Sprockets, Parts Unlimited, Sunstar, Renthal, etc. Kinda like oil, everyone has their favorites.

200,000 miles of riding, and I've got SuperSprox.

Twfbr
See above quote and contact Pashnit

via Tapatalk

Hey ty,

How did you you get a BLUE SUPERSPROX sprocket? thought they where only in gold?

SuperSprox recently picked up a CNC machine on site, and ordered in a whole bunch of blanks. They can make anything on site if you want something other than their signature gold. Cost is +$30 for the custom color sprocket, so $120 for custom colors:

Sprockets are now available 'on demand' in Blue, Black, Red for $120.

img_1404_supersprox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a Driven Industries in all black and Driven Industries sprocket bolts and axle blocks also in black. +2 teeth to just smooth out around town acceleration!

Supersprox is the hot set up. 1 down is not as smooth as another tooth added to the rear on any bike i have ever tried.

Back