FastFrog ain't got nothing on me! I saved a turtle today!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
And made it better.....

Driving home I saw it in the middle of the road. I wasn't gonna stop but I had an empty box in the car so went down and U turned. Came back and turned around again. Got lucky with no traffic behind me so I stopped hopped out and grabbed it. Put it in the box and drove home. I figured I'd put it in my lake and give it a nice home. No lakes or ponds near where I found it?

Here's the rescuee safe....
ba486cd8.jpg

I got home and set out to free what my wife insisted was a she turtle (don't ask but she says she can tell) when I had an idea. I figured seeing as how I was gonna be setting her loose in foreign turf that I wanted to give her a fighting chance with the resident boys.

So I painted a Kanji on her back to make her the fastest turtle in the lake :)
0469306a.jpg

Here she is just getting ready to go meet the locals...
4f668973.jpg

Splashdown.....(came out blurry sorry)
b8ff9bad.jpg

Kinda eerie last shot as the Kanji disappears off into the blackness of the night...
e3fda9b2.jpg

The reason I painted something on her back was that we have a huge tree laid down into our lake in our back yard and all the turtles hang out on it. I'm hoping to see her out sunning herself one day in the future. Anyway it will give all of us something to look for everytime we are out there.

Im impressed Saiid, the Kanji is a nice touch fo sho!

YOu can tell the sex of a turtle by lookin at their underside. The males have concave plastron (bottom shell half) to help with mating. Its science! :lol:

I'm impressed Saiid, the Kanji is a nice touch fo sho!

You can tell the sex of a turtle by looking at their underside. The males have concave plastron (bottom shell half) to help with mating. Its science!

That is correct!
But please note: You should remove the paint! Turtle shells are likened to our skin and are permeable. I have three dessert tortoises and I had to have them documented and serialized, and the state mandates certain rules and health regs for them. One of them states to never put anything on their shell!
Kind of like a breathable membrane and paint could impair this!
Don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but I'm obligated to pass this on.
BTW, Good save Blanca! How have you been?
Bubba

Im impressed Saiid, the Kanji is a nice touch fo sho!

YOu can tell the sex of a turtle by lookin at their underside. The males have concave plastron (bottom shell half) to help with mating. Its science! :lol:

You sir spend too much time looking at turtle junk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Right on Buddy! i hope you see her in the months to come :thumbs:

a little decoration never hurts, turtles are tough.
:D just don't strap a rocket on it.lol

Nice one Blanca.
Hope you see her again.
Made me smile thinking of them all hanging out on that tree, I could imagine them all talking about which of them was the fastest.

Durn Bubba now your bummin me out. The paint was pretty fresh and not totally dry when she went in so I hope it washes off soon. Otherwise I'll be out there in the canoe hunting the Pink Shell like Capt Ahab :)

Russ we are waiting for your next Keys trip. Stop in.

Okay, so I cleaned up the thread. It appears someone may have a bone to pick. I dont like removing posts, but posting just to stir things up or incite a reaction is just mean spirited and will not be tolerated. I propose that if you have an issue with another member, send them a pm and try to work things out. If you are uable to rectify the situation, use the ignore feature.

Okay, so I cleaned up the thread. It appears someone may have a bone to pick. I dont like removing posts, but posting just to stir things up or incite a reaction is just mean spirited and will not be tolerated. I propose that if you have an issue with another member, send them a pm and try to work things out. If you are uable to rectify the situation, use the ignore feature.

how could there possibly be drama about a turtle

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Really? To whomever I may have upset about this please pm me and if I'm wrong I'll certainly apologize.

Back