9/11 ride to Shanksville Pa Flight 93 crash site..

Gregor6

Registered
Someone on another forum had a what I think is a good idea... To ride from Columbus Ohio to Shanksville Pa... The crash site of Flight 93...ten years later.

He hasn't responded to my post, but I'm going to try it anyway..
Its supposed to rain.
I plan on being at the Shell station at 10583 Jacksontown Rd, Thornville, OH
at 10 am. (216 miles to site)
Unless the rain makes it too dangerous to travel, I'm going to attempt it.. I will go I-70 to 119 to 30 then down Lambertsville road into Shanksville.. Stopping at least once, maybe more depending on rain..
While I doubt anyone here is close enough to attempt it, I'll still post it! :beerchug:

We are bumping the meeting time to 9am.

sideswipe, hope you can make it. Look for a black 2011, I wear black gear too. (strangely enough, more people see me all in black, then they did when I had a bright yellow bike...)

we"ll get pics MO! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I work for the airline and today there were massive people going to Pa. . that little town is going to get swamped .

We are doing the same thing tomorrow posted on a local forum that I ride with hear in Sacramento. Any NOR-CAL riders want to Join just PM: Me

Robert

I was gone 14.5 hours. Went 550 miles. Cold, rain, dirty, tired and hungry trying to make it back so I can go to work tomorrow... and I'll do it again in 10 more years.

Will upload and post pics later.

Side note. 8,413 miles on the busa in 3 months. :thumbsup:

I was gone 14.5 hours. Went 550 miles. Cold, rain, dirty, tired and hungry trying to make it back so I can go to work tomorrow... and I'll do it again in 10 more years.

Will upload and post pics later.

Side note. 8,413 miles on the busa in 3 months. :thumbsup:

Nice job, looking forward to the pics :thumbsup:

I got this pic thing down now...Maybe.

PIC_0541.jpg

PIC_0542.jpg

PIC_0543.jpg

PIC_0563.jpg

PIC_0575.jpg

On the way back... Thats "Coal Miners Cafe" and supposedly they are famous for their "Gob cake sundae"... ???

PIC_0614.jpg

PIC_0616.jpg

Back