Front Tire Shreaded

brad

Registered
Hello Members:

Anyone ever have a front tire fall apart like this?

It was the end of a 3 hour ride. 100 degrees outside when I started. My destination point was 65 degrees outside.

Air pressure when the tire was cold that morning 38psi.

Shinko 003 Stealth.

DOT date was 3010.

Would you send it back to Shinko. Really don't want another one. Never going to use this tire again. (burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me).

Brad

09-09-11 156.jpg

09-09-11 159.jpg

09-09-11 157.jpg

09-09-11 162.jpg

Where's Tufbusa when you need him...a Shinko thread.:laugh:

Seems that only two things could have caused that type of failure; an impact with some type of object that damaged the tire or a manufacturing defect. Glad you survived to post pics. That could have ended nasty.

Wow, that could have been nasty. Looks like the tread started to seperate from the inside of the tire?

Yes i most certainly return it to them!!! I have ran shinkos for 6 years and no failures!!!! mistakes happen give them opportunity to make it right!!!

What were you doing on the bike when that happened and what was your reaction? A malfunction like that could have been potentialy fatal. Glad everything came out ok.

Whew..glad it ended well.... I also ran the the same tires....for a few hundred miles......Not to good in the curves getting on the gas at the apex...took um' right off after that .

yes return it as its de-laminated and may be just like maxxis had with there super sport tires made in mid 08 (they replaced loads made from that production run)

the early mich 2 ct's suffered this too and were all replaced free

Where's Tufbusa when you need him...a Shinko thread.:laugh:

Seems that only two things could have caused that type of failure; an impact with some type of object that damaged the tire or a manufacturing defect. Glad you survived to post pics. That could have ended nasty.

The real reason that tire failed is "Made in Korea" next door to china!

If that tire would have failed at high speed the ending could have been catastrophic! Throw that cheap a$$ junk in the trash and go get yoursellf a decent tire!

Yes i most certainly return it to them!!! I have ran shinkos for 6 years and no failures!!!! mistakes happen give them opportunity to make it right!!!

I bet that photo will cross your mind every time you exceed the speed limit! :dunno:

Isnt 38 psi kinda high??Yeah that could have been ugly for sure.Thats why I dont buy tires from korea or china.Its good you made it thru that without getting hurt.

Guess it depends on the make??Figured most are 35 psi??

Gen I is 42psi front and back for factory and most tires.

But people adjust the psi all over the place depending on circumstances. I just run what my tires (metzler m3) tell me to.

Out on tapatalk

Why do people buy one of the Fastest Motorcycle in the world then put the Cheapest Tires they can find and wonder why this kind stuff happens ?

Back