Front GSXR Headlight and Fairing on a Hayabusa-

Leatherneck

Registered
So to start this post off - I am a Marine stationed over in Japan. I passed this bike a couple days ago and the headlight caught my eye. I can tell its a headlight off of a gsxr 750/1000 k6 or k7, but the finish quality of the front fairing and the final outcome of it looks superb. I left him a note asking where he got it at but he said he bought it second hand. I got the information for the shop but I'm going to be out of country for a couple months and wont get a chance to go over and talk to them.

Does anyone know where this kit/swap can be bought at? I've tried to no end to google various keywords in an attempt to try and find this but no luck...

GSXR Headlight Swap 1.jpg
GSXR Headlight Swap 2.jpg
GSXR Headlight Swap 3.jpg
GSXR Headlight Swap 4.jpg

GSXR Headlight Swap 1.jpg

GSXR Headlight Swap 2.jpg

GSXR Headlight Swap 3.jpg

GSXR Headlight Swap 4.jpg

I would say that is custom made, not a kit, I seen one that looks somehow like that, and it was a local shop who made the job.

Yeah it's definitely custom, was hoping that there would be like a small hardware kit like the humP mod. It's pretty obvious now but I hadn't quite realized how similar in shape and curvature they are to each other. One could only hope the that the actual headlight mounting points would be identical :) if that was the case then a day spent in the garage with a dremel tool and a used fairing or a aftermarket solid one wouldn't turn out too bad I think. It just looks like alot of planning and development went into it because there's no holes where the turn signals were and all that, it's been a minute since I've checked out the aftermarket race fairings so idk- could be wrong :)

It looks like the entire front nose is off a GSXR and not a Busa. Then probably molded into a Busa nose so the holes and tabs to the fairings match up.

Yeah, iF I can't get any information on the shop when I get back, I think I might try and get that headlight- definitely will have to mold it in though. The oe fairing with it kind of ruins the whole purpose of changing to a different headlight

Yeah it's little subtle mods like that that bring out the individuality in each guys/gals bike. Pretty much what we are all searching for :p

Yeah It was at the Camp Foster Exchange by the Movie theatre, I'm pretty sure he works there cause I saw his bike there during work hours everytime I went by there ;)

Back