Update on the Chalfer Rotors and Brake Pads

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So as most know I have the Chinese Galfer Superbike Imitation rotors and also ceramic pads I got off eBay. I can now 100% claim these things work awesome.

Today at the california superbike school two day camp we did an initial braking period. We did one stop at 40mph, 50mph , and 60mph as hard as we could without skidding the front tire or doing an endo. Bascially "Emergency" stops as if someone pulled out in front of us. My stop distances initially were 41, 35, and i think 46 yards. After that we had a few lessons and training not on our own bikes. We then got on the bikes and did an average of 5 runs at each speed to get coaching and improvements.
I ended up with distances of 22 yards, 36 yards (yes it went up one yard due to being on a not so grippy part of the runway as we were on the initial), and i believe 41 yards (yes I am not certain of my 60mph times).

Every run these rotors and pads did their job will staying cool and stoping hard. I also have galfer stainless lines (real Galfer lines, not chinese SHOCKER :shocked:).

I will now, after experience on them, fully say 100% that these are good to go. I put up stop times equal to that of the smaller bikes there no problem. They have been on the bike over 2000 miles now and work great every time and have proved themselves today.

The quickest stopping bike I will not reveal until tomorrow when our two day camp is over. It is quite a shocker... Many of you will not believe it... Seriously... It blew me away.

Anyways, Chalfers=Awesome

Sounds good man, thanks for posting your thoughts on yet another China knock off. I was looking for some for the Gen II, but did not see any. Although, I only took a few minutes to look around on Ebay. I have steel Galfer lines in my garage, they have been there for 6 months already. I never have time to do the mods I pay for.

These ones... I can't find the pics of just the rotors but these should do.

DSC08121.jpg

DSC08119.jpg

I'm tellin ya right now if you say a Harley stopped faster your BANNED!

Happy the brakes worked to your liking.

Back