REVIEW: MPH ohio (full service HP shop)

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
let me start by saying...today was full of ups and down. as some of you already know as soon as we arrived at the shop this morning the wife text me to let me know my daughters 3yr old Siberian husky passed away at the vets office... unexpectantly... we are suspecting poison as 1. residents are all reporting "unexplained gas millage problems" ie someone siphoning. 2. tasha heard our dogs barking in back yard (rottweilers) went outside to tell them be quiet as neighbors leave for work at that time and they sometimes bark due to that...but saw someone in back yard and ran for the woods. so house is in lock down and dogs been brought in.

now thats out of the way...ill give my write up

we left early this morning about 6am to drive 2.5 hrs to
MPHOhio.com - Maximum Performance & Handling

SANY2626 (Medium).JPG

SANY2627 (Medium).JPG

SANY2628 (Medium).JPG

SANY2630 (Medium).JPG

we had a good time on the drive singing and being goofy

Attachments

• SANY2631.wmv
    23.6 MB · Views: 136
we get there a little early and tasha found this watch and led flashlight (yes i gave it to doug to see if one of his customers dropped it in the parking lot) and MPH is directly across the road from STATE 8 MOTORCYCLES

SANY2634 (Medium).JPG

SANY2635 (Medium).JPG

SANY2636 (Medium).JPG

SANY2637 (Medium).JPG

SANY2638 (Medium).JPG

SANY2639 (Medium).JPG

SANY2640 (Medium).JPG

i should have took more pics of the trophys...wow he had alot...!!

SANY2641 (Medium).JPG

doug (the owner) comes out and helps me off load izzy and we then discuss what mods i have done and what he planned on checking

SANY2642 (Medium).JPG

SANY2643 (Medium).JPG

SANY2644 (Medium).JPG

after getting all the info doug goes into his enclosed dyno and prepares to work on izzy

SANY2645 (Medium).JPG

SANY2646 (Medium).JPG

SANY2648 (Medium).JPG

SANY2649 (Medium).JPG

ok its 3am ...i got more pics and vids of the dyno runs but upload takes a while. ill resume in the morning

first dyno baseline run

Attachments

• SANY2652.wmv
    23.9 MB · Views: 170
sounds mean as hell bro!!! looked like a wonderful father daughter outing!!!!

sounds mean as hell bro!!! looked like a wonderful father daughter outing!!!!

that was the base run and once i finnish...no...it did not sound mean there were ALOT of problems with it and the map i had on it was 100 complete JUNK!!!. you will see by the data sheets...please i thought just useing a stock dynojet map was ok...get your baby's custom mapped or flashed!! it was so off it wasnt funny

after this run he came out and showed me this baseline run.

as you can see the map was way over lean at high rpm's and produceing no power and way rich idle and at cruise hence why it always had black carbon in the pipes and smelled like unburnt fuel

SANY2668 EDIT(Medium).JPG

so i sat and watched this screen very diligently while he did run after run after run using the dynojets analyzing software to make adjustments to the map and himself changing specific settings if he saw dips or rises in the rpm ranges at each throttle setting from 0,2,5,10,20,40,60,80,100%

SANY2651 (Medium).JPG

SANY2655 (Medium).JPG

yes the date stamps are day first then month then year...just changed that in my setting in the camera...lol

so after 2 hrs and a break or two to let the engine cool (he was flogging izzy hard to get good results) he was done and now i present the new and IMPROVED izzy!! :cheerleader: (note he did mention that given izzy is getting up there in years and i have 35k miles on her the dissapointing max hp is par for the machines age and miles) NO I DID NOT DYNO 180 OR OTHER WILD CLAIMS... she only maxed at 158 but if you compare side by side that was a 17 max hp GAIN DUE TO THE CUSTOM MAP...VERY SIGNIFICANT

SANY2667 (Medium).JPG

he is pretty brave to see in there with no resperator on.When mine was done, I got lightheaded just by sitting next to the open door of the dyno trailer.What was the results??I was at just over 160 and 98 torque when done with a 5-6 inch stretch and exhaust only.

now this shop has some AMAZING things he is doing here...doug is a "right to business" kind of guy...personable but focused!!! you would not believe (and yes I COULD NOT TAKE PICTURES OF SOME OF HIS PROJECTS) but i can say about them was WOW....DAMN....the money and time and quality of what he was working on i am completely overwhelmed that from the less than impressive outside appearances of his shop...doug has IT going ON!!

he is pretty brave to see in there with no resperator on.When mine was done, I got lightheaded just by sitting next to the open door of the dyno trailer.What was the results??I was at just over 160 and 98 torque when done with a 5-6 inch stretch and exhaust only.

those tubed directly behind my exhaust were for pulling and venting the exhaust (i think i had a pic where he placed them directly behind the pipes...also huge overhead fan that he turned on each time he started back up to constantly vent the room and supply fresh air from the front

Back