Some new bags...aaaannd....

NavyRider

Registered
Hey all, recently got my hands on some Givi V35 Hardbags w/ the MOTECH mounting rails. I put up some pics in the aftermarket parts sticky, but here they are again.

This is also a declaration that a thourogh install guide/review will be posted by me in the near future. Why? Well, bike is damaged from the dealer I got it from :banghead: The tail plastics are cracked and the dealer hasn't gotten the pieces in for me yet. To replace them, the entire kit has to come off. Also, I didn't have the foresight to take any pictures of the process until I was about 5/6th of the way through as well:whistle:

But anyways, quick text review of the bag system:
Pro's
Spacious (will fit my full size face helmet w/ a little room left over: Scorpion EXO 1000)
Relatively nice looking on the Busa (IMO... though not comparable to the Corbin's, but the price on those just make me :rofl:
They won't scratch your paint on long rides like soft bags
No need for paint protector tape or other protection items.
Can be taken off in 5 seconds.
LOCK to the bike (well, technically the mounting frame)
Can give passengers something else to grab onto while riding. They aren't built for it, but they are in a good position to be used as such.
Con's
New mini turn signals are meant to REPLACE the cheek turn signals (I got around this by splicing some wires, will be in guide).
Mini turn signals do not fit into the rear license plate mounting bar that extends between the bag frames in the back (I had to drill out the holes to make them fit :banghead: SW MOTECH apparently doesn't know how to drill holes)
There are small rubber spacers that the bags "ride" on on the mounting frame. These did not come attached to the mounting frame and had to be put on my hand....which sucked. The holes for them are 1/2 the size of the rubber part that goes in them. Small in the grand scheme of things, but it took me 30 mins to figure out how I was going to get them in.
LAST CON - Can't unlock the passenger seat with the left bag on, key wont fit between the bag and the keyhole. Keyless trunk coming, anyone? :beerchug:

Anyways, here's the results of my 3 hrs of work. Enjoy.
Oh, and I know, no license plate....still hasn't come in the mail from Florida :laugh:

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

I woulda went with the ones from Pashnit that are MADE for that bike. IMHO

I like it. I don't have the need for hard bags but contacted SW Motech and was told they are making their Blaze sport bags for Gen 2. Hopefully available soon!

Have also thought about just the rear top case as well for daily commute...

There are small rubber spacers that the bags "ride" on on the mounting frame. These did not come attached to the mounting frame and had to be put on my hand....which sucked. The holes for them are 1/2 the size of the rubber part that goes in them. Small in the grand scheme of things, but it took me 30 mins to figure out how I was going to get them in.

That is the hardest part of installing sw-motech stuff. Use Plexus, they will slide in like butter.

And you should get the tail rack, and a top case - completes the look. I just use the tailbag myself, but the rack is made to work with the side pannier carriers.

That looks like a nice set-up for a longer cruise. I just bought a Saddleman Tail Bag for now, but have not got around to doing the mod to the rear seat as posted elswhere here.
I didn`t know some are more custom for the `Busa, I`ll have to check out Pashnit, and see what them are all about.
Bike looks nice though..functional 4 sure:thumbsup:
what about lane splitting:rofl:..dont put anything with your name on it in there:rofl:

And you should get the tail rack, and a top case - completes the look. I just use the tailbag myself, but the rack is made to work with the side pannier carriers.

In due time. Money is an issue at the moment. Sold one of our cars and the bike is now my A to B. Extra money was put onto my wife's car loan and now I save on gas and insurance :laugh:

They look great, thanks for posting your thoughts. I plan to get the full 3 bag set up for my ride to Alaska and back from Georgia.

Back