Need to find a thread....

rbd5050

Registered
I am sure it is on here somewhere's just haven't been able to locate it. I have a 2007 and would like to find a step by step "guide" (WITH PICTURES) for removing the fairing(s) to do an oil change.
Much thanks in advance!

Rio

From memory just remove all the allen screws, and push pins associated with the right fairing. Do a good search behind the front wheel and under the nose. Several on the very bottom of the bike. Pull out and up toward the rear of the bike.

I'll do a search for ya :laugh:

The step by step guide was for the Gen!! Busas. Those are like a chineese puzzle. The Gen i Busa you can see all the bolts and pins.

Well, see I DID remove all the bolts but it doesn't want to seem to let go and my normal response is to just pull harder but I don't think that's best 'cause if I break something I can't just run down to the shop and get new ones...........I'll try again. I'll make sure I look over the link that was sent to.
I appreciate it ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rio

Theres a rubber tip that pops in around the fuel tank. That's why you have to pull up. Careful.....where the fairing and nose come together there's some metal clips that can scratch the nose if you're not careful. Check it over good just in case.

Theres a rubber tip that pops in around the fuel tank. That's why you have to pull up. Careful.....where the fairing and nose come together there's some metal clips that can scratch the nose if you're not careful. Check it over good just in case.

Is there a picture of this somewhere? I shouldn't have to take the tank off right? Actually, if I wanted to take ALL the front fairings off, is it just a matter of removing all the bolts?

Rio

Is there a picture of this somewhere? I shouldn't have to take the tank off right? Actually, if I wanted to take ALL the front fairings off, is it just a matter of removing all the bolts?

Rio

Gimme 20 min ill get ya a pic

Droid via Tapatalk

Here the lil pin, just pull up and it'll come.out. don't forget the lil black push pin on the top too.
aeffc3a5-41e7-cbbe.jpg
aeffc3a5-4207-d246.jpg
aeffc3a5-4225-ef6b.jpg

Oh, and no need to remove the tank
Droid via Tapatalk

Here the lil pin, just pull up and it'll come.out. don't forget the lil black push pin on the top too.
aeffc3a5-41e7-cbbe.jpg
aeffc3a5-4207-d246.jpg
aeffc3a5-4225-ef6b.jpg

Oh, and no need to remove the tank
Droid via Tapatalk

:bowdown: YOU ROCK!
Thanks so much..........I'll let ya'll know how it goes when I get the chance to actually work on it. I think I have everything I'll need.

Rio

It knew he needed BIG pics :whistle: there is always something to learn, btw do you wanna take pics of everywhere the coolant temp sensor runs? Lol haven't found my short

Back