Ducati Grand Prix Race bikes- modern era

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
This morning I was looking at the photo's i kept from the Ducati Italy site during development of the GP2 and generations that followed . Cool stuff from at the time , a relative small Italian company.

If i could spend a day on a track with any version of my choice, it would be the GP5 <2005 model > . I remember race film of a corner at Brno that year that on aprox an 80mph exit speed , the rear tire was being lit-up for a very long ways down the track . A monster of a motor it was.

Of the Ducati's in 2011 MotoGP , some look to be older models like Karel Abrahams . That Aspar/Mapfire bike ridden by Hector Barbera is my favorite of them for 2011. It looks stud sitting in the pit garage.

Ducati Desmosedici - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GP5 from the day - Loris Capirossi riding it.

800px-Loris_Capirossi_2005.jpg

Barbera 2011

08+hector+barbera,+motogp_1_slideshow.jpg

BTW - I think anyone who has ridden a two stroke 400 + cc open motocross bike can relate to dreaming about the power raw, almost unusable power between the legs. They wheelie on the street really nice.

I either need to build a Suzuki GT500 cafe racer with portwork and chambers or quit fooling around with pump gas and build a short wheel base , big cc Busa engine set on kill . Something for going out on when the temps are 70F or less with the Busa .

I think i need both -just a HP junkie in need of a fix that's been missing

It's coming out in my topics :laugh:

Back