G'day and thanks from Brisbane Australia, with pic(s)...

HighAbuser

Registered
Hello all, I've had my Busa (2008 model, but built in Oct 2007) for a couple of months now and have finally got around to taking some happy snaps for y'all. I've spent an inordinate amount of time here on the org and have have learnt a great deal, so my thanks to all. I'll try to add a photo, then try to add more...

The org has helped me so much while deciding on mods etc for the bike. I've only been riding for around 13 years but during that time I've owned more than twenty bikes, eight of which I still have... I'm a bike junkie and not afraid to admit it. The Busa is king, plain and simple - but you all know that... I'm a poor professional blues musician and all my money goes on bike registration costs, tyres, oil, etc, oh, and guitar strings...

So here's my Busa - some of the mods were carried out by the previous owner and some by me, after carfeul deliberation and much org reading. Soupy's adjustable shock linkages made a massive difference to the character of the bike - I've raised the rear. The dyno chart supplied to me by the original owner says 200hp at the rear wheel, but that sounds a little optimistic to me... I don't really care about that, as the bike absolutely flies...

I'm constantly amazed by the bike. It does everything so very well, but also has 'character' - trust me, I know about 'character' - I own a Moto Guzzi Le Mans III cafe racer... I get such a buzz every time I ride the Busa, even if it's down to the shops for groceries (yep, Ventura bag is handy!). It's very comfy, very fast, very special. My girlfriend also thinks it very comfy - more so than my ZRX1200. I'm gonna sell a few of my other bikes - now I have a Busa, I don't need 'em.

It currently wears:

-Brock's full Alien Head. (Wow, light and loud)

-Power Commander III, custom dyno mapped. (Runs beautifully)

-Soupy's adjustable shock linkages. (Makes it feel much more GSXR-ish)

-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tyres. (Not concerned with mileage...)

-EBC HH brake pads front and rear. (Huge difference to initial bite and overall power)

- HEL braided front brake lines. (Yep, helped remove some of the sponginess)

-Soupy's bar risers. (More comfy...)

-Corbin rider's seat. (ebay, 2nd hand - this one is very hard on the butt, but sits me lower, hence more comfy, riding position-wise.)

-Powerbronze screen. (A bit higher than stock, I would prefer clear, but it was on the bike when I got it)

-Ventura rack and bag system. (Hugely adds to the versatility of the bike)

-T-Rex sliders - frame, axle and swingarm. (A little insurance)

-Mirror extenders. (ebay, from Hong Kong, a great mod, less elbows/shoulder in mirrors)

So again, thanks all, and be safe.

Cheers, Mojo Webb.

Busa 029.jpg

:welcome: Beautiful 'Busa! ...is that decal on the head lamp safe???? I've never seen that before!

Rook, thanks. Do you mean safe as in the decal getting hot - so far no problems - or the headlight not being effective? As the headlight protector is so dark, and as I only use the protector during daylight (hence only getting Lady Luck's good fortune during the day...), I don't see the decal as a problem. No legal requirement where I am to have headlights on during daylight.

Welcome to the .Org Bike looks fantastic.

As for the other bikes though i believe you still need to get pics of them also... :)

Is the red tag on the front left wheel an inspection sticker?

Thanks. The label on the left of the front wheel is the registration label (road tax?). In Australia, bikes don't need any kind of annual inspection, an inspection is only required when the vehicle is transferred between owners. Okay, photos of other bikes to come...

aussiesuzukirider, I'm at East Brisbane. I think I saw your bike at Springwood Suzuki a few weeks ago. I had mine in for the recalls etc... The original owner had only done 4500kms in about three or four years from new and hadn't had the recalls done. Where do you take your Busa to "open her up a bit" if ya know what I mean?

aussiesuzukirider, I'm at East Brisbane. I think I saw your bike at Springwood Suzuki a few weeks ago. I had mine in for the recalls etc... The original owner had only done 4500kms in about three or four years from new and hadn't had the recalls done. Where do you take your Busa to "open her up a bit" if ya know what I mean?

PM sent. That would have been mine your saw as I am always in there as I live local.:thumbsup:

Back