New (to me) 2006 Busa...Long time coming!

Code Vision

Registered
Hey folks...After drooling over this bike for 8 years, I finally pulled the trigger on a used 2006. Pics Below...

All in all I'm happy. There is so much power in this thing that I couldn't really get my mind around until I finally got on one. My last bike was a 2003 SV650S. Needless to say, the difference was tremendous.

It looks like the previous owner may have tipped it over, or dropped it at low speed, because there are a could of scraps on the left side. I actually like the stock exhaust on the Hayabusa, and it would have been nice to keep that, but the modded one I have is fine by me. Lastly, the rear seat cowling/hump is missing. I'd like to get one online somewhere, but I'm not sure which color I need to buy.

Riding it home yesterday, I was really almost too nervous to enjoy it. But today I spent some time on more familiar roads around town, and I'm slowly feeling more comfortable with the difference in size and power.

I got this from a dealer, so I feel like I paid more than I really had to, particularly buying this time of year. But the bike only has 2500 miles on it , and this is really the bike I've always wanted, so I'm thrilled to be able to call myself an owner after all this time.

Anyway, here's the bike. I'm still settling on a name, but I'm leaning towards "Big Brother".

Here we go

right.jpg

left.jpg

:worthless: Even though I know you tried to post them :lol: I did the same thing though. Drooled over the mighty Busa since 2000 and finally got one. Granted it was a used 2005 but it only had 1200 miles on it. :welcome: to the org! Let's get those pix up!

Thanks homes...I broke myself on this purchase, but once I've got some padding in the wallet I really want to make it my own. I'm seeing some nice bikes here on the forum and I want to put some love into this to give it it's own personality.

Welcome and nice scoot! Congrats on getting the second fastest color!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Good looking bike. Take care of her and everything in due time. She will be custom in no time.

Last edited:
Welcome Code Vision! :welcome: :welcome: I was exactly the same way you were riding the Busa home the first day, but after learning that you can control the beast, it became more an more enjoyable to ride. :laugh: :laugh: Congrats on your purchase and you will not be sorry. Your right though about the billfold, I would settle for nothing less than new! There is so many friendly people here you will be amazed. Don't worry about the reflectors. If you have questions just search first and then ask. :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Back