The Busa Is Rideable Again..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
For the first time in over 10 months, I got to ride my bike this morning. Put the rest of the bodywork on, and all of a sudden, there it was, ready to go. Took a few quick pictures and ran for my helmet.
RebuiltHayabusa7-10-2011001.jpg

RebuiltHayabusa7-10-2011003.jpg

RebuiltHayabusa7-10-2011004.jpg

It's not done yet, no Kanjis or anything on it, and still gotta figure out the front fairing problem. But I'm now thinking it may be the stay after all. Get out on the road, going in a straight line, and in my peripheral, the gauges and such look cocked a slight bit to one side. One of those things that's not noticeable looking straight at it, but in the bottom of my vision, it is very obvious. Bike runs and handles like it always did. Can set up and let go of the bars at 60mph and it's arrow straight.
I'm going to get my buddies up at the bike shop to ride it and see if they notice the offset too.
Not going to mess with it anymore right now though, going to put some long overdue miles on it instead. Too hot here in the middle of the day, but I'll probably go back out for a bit this evening. Not going to do much as I don't have the collision coverage back on it now, will call them tomorrow and fix that.
All in all, been a really good day so far.:thumbsup:

congrats, glad to see you back up and rolling on the Bus :beerchug: she looks good

Looks real nice.I was thinking of having the kanji emblems airbrushed on in like a 3-D effect when I get mine painted.

Back