Vapor Locked

Thanks for the explanation.
With gas boiling is there any chance of explosion?

believe it or not blanca...

for an "explosion" to occur as your likely thinking of it... there is a very narrow range of air/fuel ratio's where it will occur..

To far rich or to lean and its more of a whimper than a bang...

In either case, the chances of it doing anything more than causing you to have to drink an extra beer while it cools are pretty low...

Problem seems fixed... Relocated outside of undertank, and seems to be working like a beast once again!

thanks everyone for input

Kill two birds with one stone. Got the filter and pump underneath. I live in Houston Texas, and never once had a problem with it. You would be surprised how warm the pump gets back there still.
0d6c72c6.jpg

Yeah it's a stage2 ***** kit. (rcc/velocity/steadman) depending on your kit, the parts I used might not work in your application. But basically it's a walbro 255 pump, earls fittings, and 100micron fuel filter, and areoquip hose. -8 on the supply line, and -6 on the pressure side.

well i finally got time to relocate the pump and the filter i dont have the clearance anywhere im out of ideals on where to put them any other pictures i cnat mound it behind the shock case the bracing im stock wheel base and lowered 2 in in the rear. i really need help

I was kinda thinking the same thing after scratching my head for awhile... I had been getting a whistle from the regulator which i also heard from crawling forums was symptomatic of the fuel filter boiling some gas.. i caught a thread where richard aparently told someone who told someone... so who knows if its true..

The fuel filter isnt laying on anything... i dont think... however, thats not to say when the tank is laying down, it doesnt then...

It seems like it gets bad when i take extended trips at 70-80mph... 30 minutes or more, then i get to some intown driving and the fuel pressure falls off to 36-38 lbs...

I've considered insulating that fuel filter somehow i just dont know exactly how...

Open to suggestions for sure!

try several layers of plasti dip... seriously you can build up a thick coating and it works quite well

Back