Anyone else think the same?

Rollin20z

Registered
After looking at this pic it looks to me like the mid pipe and end caps on the pipe need to be PC'ed black to go along with the rest. And that will eliminate the only bling left on it. Also this yoshi system is so quiet I was thinking about taking maybe 4-5" off the pipe, it will give it a bit more sound which won't hurt. It sounds like a stock system to me :laugh: but then again i'm used to the Alienhead on the Gen 2 and we all know they can no way be considered quiet, but do sound nice.:thumbsup:
So anyone else seeing what I'm seeing? blacked out mid pipe,end caps & clamps and shorten can a bit ?

DSCN7036.jpg

I think it'll look great too. I'de just be concerned with powdercoat on the midpipe in the long run, that thing gets hot and the pc will eventually burn off. I'de go with ceramic coating on that.
I've cut several pipes down over the years also, and it's a quick and easy job. It'll make the exhaust tone deeper but not obnoxiously loud.:beerchug:

It would look good as long as it's done well. :thumbsup:

I'll be doing it myself, so yes it will be done well. :whistle: And if I don't think it's the best it can be I'll strip it and do it again.:laugh:

I'de just be concerned with powdercoat on the midpipe in the long run, that thing gets hot and the pc will eventually burn off. I'de go with ceramic coating on that.

I ordered some high temp PC from Eastwood and it is supposed to withstand 1000 degree. I would think that would be enough on that pipe. And if it does eventually burn off even being hi temp or even turn color. It'll only take about 30-45min. start to finish to pull it strip it,recoat it,bake & re-install it.

I've cut several pipes down over the years also, and it's a quick and easy job. It'll make the exhaust tone deeper but not obnoxiously loud.

Yeah, I have done a few myself and it is a very simple job. As long as you repack it enough it'll give a louder growl and not the raspy tingy sound.

Ok, so I guess it isn't just me. Consider it done. :thumbsup: PC should be here today sometime.

I'll be doing it myself, so yes it will be done well. :whistle: And if I don't think it's the best it can be I'll strip it and do it again.:laugh:

I ordered some high temp PC from Eastwood and it is supposed to withstand 1000 degree. I would think that would be enough on that pipe. And if it does eventually burn off even being hi temp or even turn color. It'll only take about 30-45min. start to finish to pull it strip it,recoat it,bake & re-install it.

Yeah, I have done a few myself and it is a very simple job. As long as you repack it enough it'll give a louder growl and not the raspy tingy sound.

Ok, so I guess it isn't just me. Consider it done. :thumbsup: PC should be here today sometime.

:thumbsup:we'll expect pictures tommorrow then!

pics should be up soon....its been almost an hour since he made up his mind:poke:

he said 30-45 min start to finish:whistle:

cant wait to see the pics, im sure it will look great.

pics should be up soon....its been almost an hour since he made up his mind:poke:

he said 30-45 min start to finish:whistle:

cant wait to see the pics, im sure it will look great.

Ok, smartazz . :laugh: If you read the post I said if it burned off or turned color on pipe "It'll only take about 30-45min. start to finish to pull it strip it,recoat it,bake & re-install it." mid pipe that is. I may be good but I don't think I can even pull the whole pull off,cut down,powder coat re install everything in 45 minutes. :whistle: But I would sure it a helluva shot, if my hi temp PC was here.

Waiting on Fed-Ex.

Oh well, I forgot to post any pics earlier before I went out for a ride. Buddy stopped by as I was finishing up and wanted to ride. Almost just jumped on the 2 and went but wanted to see how much difference the 6" coming off made. Little bit more throatier but not really much louder, at least not to me. My buddy said it was a bit louder but no where near the gen 2 with the alienhead, that's nice :laugh: but it'll do for now. Anyways until I get a couple better pics here she is. Oh I needed to get more rivets also for the end caps and then I guess I'll spot the rivets black.
I like it, think it makes it a little stealthier, blends it in with the rest.

DSCN7102.jpg

DSCN7101.jpg

DSCN7104.jpg

Thanks guys, I will have to admit though. Out of all the different pipes(yoshi's incl.) this had to be to worst as in hard pipe to cut down. usually you can pop the rivets out and at least one end cap will slide off so you can remove the guts and measure cut from there. This can was one solid piece,everything tack welded all the way thru so I to just bite the bullet and just cut the can in 2 blind. But with some cutting, grinding, meshed pipe expanding it finally got there. I took right about 6" off mainly because I did want to go a little shorter to get a little more sound, and also I needed to take enough off to get rid of the hanger strap mark where the carbon fiber had some sun fade on it. Anyways I'm happy with it and now just need to do the header collector section right there at the bottom so it will match.:laugh:

Now I am thinking about maybe adding a grab bar to it.??? I like them because it's just so much easier throwing the bike on stands by yourself and you can just grab'em by the bar and move the rear around easily. I know it's a simple do but just notching the hump is irreversible, I believe I have a couple extra's just don't know whether it should be black or maybe white to blend in with the white tail. ???
Any thoughts? Yes, No ? black or White?
Time to ponder on it.:laugh: Never pondered till I moved to TN:rofl:

DSCN7089.jpg

DSCN7090.jpg

DSCN7093.jpg

DSCN7095.jpg

DSCN7098.jpg

DSCN7097.jpg

DSCN7099.jpg

Is that the same oven you cook in? Your wife must not have been home :)

Bike looks alot better. I was gonna say do the master cylinder but you already did it so :beerchug:

Back