Blaze thru Oregon 2011

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
The 8th annual mjn ride is complete.

Just like in years past, I was lucky enough to spend 2.5 days with some of the best people you'll ever meet.

This year the count was 21 riders.

We spent Saturday afternoon thru Monday evening in (mostly) Central Oregon, where there are roads that'll make any sportbike enthusiast drool.

No awards, just one minor get-off, no breakdowns, and just about the most perfect weather anyone could ask for.

Here are a few shots of the weekend;

The "parking lot" at our bed and breakfast;
DSC06114-XL.jpg

Me trying to learn somethin from tufbusa... and what a great teacher he is.:bowdown:
DSC7418-XL.jpg

Make no mistake... Scootergirl can ride!
DSC7342-XL.jpg

Me mid-turn..
DSC7213-XL.jpg

tufbusa and I havin some fun;
DSC7308-XL.jpg

Tufbusa;
DSC7250-XL.jpg

Dr. E. Ran all weekend on Shinko's... SHINKO'S? You know tuf had to put his two cents worth in on that one.. :laugh:
DSC7379-XL.jpg

BABUSA. The dummy rode all the way up here to ride aonther 900 miles with us. I think he might be a brick or two shy upstairs.... :poke:
Seriously, he's my sweep every year. Just too dam bad we live so far apart..
DSC7382-XL.jpg

Mike, on a beautiful ZX10. He flew on that sucker;
DSC7377-XL.jpg

Another Mike, another ZX10. Some of you may know him as ZXmurphy. Great guy, and a great rider;
DSC7320-XL.jpg

Rich says this was a "thumbs up" caught early..... dunno. Looks mean! :rofl:
DSC7419-XL.jpg

It was great to have Keith (skydiver) along again this year, here he is cookin along;
DSC7228-XL.jpg

Group one taking a break overlooking the Klickitat river;
DSC7394-XL.jpg

Little closer view of what we saw;
DSC7387-XL.jpg

The oldest bar (still running) in Washington state. The Bluebird, in Bickleton.
DSC7415-XL.jpg

Taking another break in the Blue Mountains of Oregon;

DSC7275-XL.jpg

Saturday was a hard night... some of us had to take it easy for a bit Sunday morning.... :laugh:
DSC7202-XL.jpg

What parts were you in?

Me and my dad just got back from overthere. We went from Lebanon to sisters out to john day. Then up to long creek to spray then fossil over to madris back home.

Beautiful country out there. Seen a 06 le in fossil and another busa with a back on hwy 218. Great ride
Posted via Mobile Device

GREAT PICS MARK!! I just got home about 2 hours ago. Again, MANY THANKS for a great trip! I have just under 17 GIGS of unedited video from the trip, along with a few pics! It will take me some time to get thru them, but I've seen parts of some when I was following you and SteveO...What a Fricking BLAST!!

What parts were you in?

Me and my dad just got back from overthere. We went from Lebanon to sisters out to john day. Then up to long creek to spray then fossil over to madris back home.

Beautiful country out there. Seen a 06 le in fossil and another busa with a back on hwy 218. Great ride
Posted via Mobile Device

The white LE would have been Bill from Portland area. He wasn't with us, but he led a group over from PDX.

If you were on 218 Monday morning and saw a black/silver Busa, it was probably us. There were 8 of us total in the first group; my black gen 1, two gen 2's, a gixxer 1K, three ZX10's and a CBR 1K.

GREAT PICS MARK!! I just got home about 2 hours ago. Again, MANY THANKS for a great trip! I have just under 17 GIGS of unedited video from the trip, along with a few pics! It will take me some time to get thru them, but I've seen parts of some when I was following you and SteveO...What a Fricking BLAST!!

It was a pleasure to have you along again dude. I just wish I could've found more tar snakes and gravel for ya.. :laugh:

The white LE would have been Bill from Portland area. He wasn't with us, but he led a group over from PDX.

If you were on 218 Monday morning and saw a black/silver Busa, it was probably us. There were 8 of us total in the first group; my black gen 1, two gen 2's, a gixxer 1K, three ZX10's and a CBR 1K.

I was there Sunday, man that sounded like a lot of fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was there Sunday, man that sounded like a lot of fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea, we didn't have any Busa's on 218 Sunday. One of my groups ran 218 late in the day.. Led by a Tuano and a 1200s. My group did grant 20, Dooley, 52, and 53 on Sunday. We had a blast, but we were toast by the time we got back to Fossil!

I wore my Org teeshirt Monday... I think it might have made me faster! :laugh:

DSC06156-XL.jpg

Rich doesn't care where he sleeps....

DSC06158-XL.jpg

Got lots of great footage! My guess is we won't be able to show any of it....:whistle:

DSC06151-XL.jpg

Skydivr in Shaniko, Oregon;
DSC06126-XL.jpg

Here's a real touching photo of tufbusa and Dr E. :thumbsup:

DSC06123-XL.jpg

Ok, I've seen ENOUGH fricking gravel :banghead:

Here's a few pics I had also, to include Mike Sullivan and the lovely Scootergirl!!

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Dr. E. Ran all weekend on Shinko's... SHINKO'S? You know tuf had to put his two cents worth in on that one.. :laugh:
DSC7379-XL.jpg

BABUSA. The dummy rode all the way up here to ride aonther 900 miles with us. I think he might be a brick or two shy upstairs.... :poke:
Seriously, he's my sweep every year. Just too dam bad we live so far apart..
DSC7382-XL.jpg

Mike, on a beautiful ZX10. He flew on that sucker;
DSC7377-XL.jpg

Another Mike, another ZX10. Some of you may know him as ZXmurphy. Great guy, and a great rider;
DSC7320-XL.jpg

Rich says this was a "thumbs up" caught early..... dunno. Looks mean! :rofl:
DSC7419-XL.jpg

WOW No Phone call from the BABUSA THIS TIME....HMMM SUSPECT>>>

WOW No Phone call from the BABUSA THIS TIME....HMMM SUSPECT>>>

Sorry Daniel, I wanted to stop by and say hi. But I had to get up to Kennewick and back home sooner than I thought. 2,540 miles this trip...I will take a extra day next year and stop by.

Any chance we can get YOU to join us for the "2012 Blaze Thru Oregon" ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back