Throttle bodies stock adjustment screw position

issdar

Registered
Ive been searching and searching and like an idiot I did not mark the stock adjustment screw positions for the throttle bodies. I messed up on the adjustment the first time because I didn't calibrate tool properly :/. They have been adjusted about 4 separate times with the Motion Pro Sync pro. I am not completely satisfied with the vibration but response and idle is good. I know its asking alot but could anyone count the turns in on the screws. Just want to get the baseline back I had when it was dynoed to see what vibe feels like. Any help would be appreciated :)

Screw it I'm just gonna bite the bullet and bring it in. My motionpro sync tool is all jacked up now :/

How is the tool jacked up? Don't you just hook the hoses up to the Pro Motion and adjust the throttle bodies according to the where the ball is centered?

I'm going to take a stab at this.

You have a custom MAP. Since the MAP doesn't change unless you fiddle with the numbers while the bike is hooked up, down load it to your Notebook and print out the numbers.

Hook your PC3 to your notebook. Turn your bike on and adjust the the throttle body numbers according to what you have on the printout.

Does this make sense? Do you think this will help?

Others Org members weigh in please.

Its the tool that uses propylene glycol fluid and on the vacuum for number 1 half the fluid is missing. I did not have correct refill fluid and didn't want to wait for it to arrive in mail impatient. So now I refilled tool with 50/50 antifreeze and works ok except some fluid is in suspension from rest and isn't as consistent as original fluid. I definitely don't wanna tweak with Fuel/Air ratio map on the Power Commander I had it dyno tuned. Maybe I should check the TPS sensor it does say to check it in Manual after syncing.

Also I called like 5 different shops it cost $140 on average to sync and one shop even wanted to charge $300! wow freaking n00bs. So it is about the price of the Morgan carbtune tool but all the shops do not have any openings this weekend so its really not even worth it. I wanna ride now this sucks!

Last edited:
Alright just checked TPS sensor at engine idle and it is in center line already.....:/ I wouldn't see how the throttle bodies could be synced any other way than 1 right? I think im going to order some replacement fluid for my motion pro and start from scratch. The TPS is also calibrated on the Power commander as well. I may just being all paranoid about vibration and thats how much there should be one foot pegs. Anyone have any ideas?

I think a fresh start is best. Refill with the correct fluid and give it another go. PM me when you recalibrate. I'd like to check it out.

Issdar, are you the person I met at Cycle Gear? Do you work at Camp Parks?

According to pictures on Jinksters how to I have been hooking up the IAP sensor hose to far left nipple and leaving vacuum sensor hose that is hook into there originally unplugged. Would this be cause of issues I am having? Im going to try hooking stuff up like in Jinksters photo when I get my new fluid. Or if anyone has a manometer in east bay that I could use today :)

Twist the Throttle I do not believe so but I do frequent the cycle gear in Hayward. I am in the Military though. Ill send you PM once I get my tool all straightened out

When the new fluid arrives hopefully this week I will take pictures of setup before and after tune...

Could anyone chime in if it matters on the starting position of all three throttle body screws my common logic would tell me it doesn't because they can only be synced in one way? Does anyone know the vacuum pressure that is supposed to be coming off each throttle body may I could check that. I just am looking for a good starting point since they have been adjusted so many times and do not remember how many turns on the screws it was. I would very very much appreciate any help from fellow orgsters I could receive.

Alright finished with the TB Sync did steps exactly according to Jinkster guide think vibration feeling was just normal. Finally get to ride!

Just seeing this thread... The amount of vacuum doesn't matter and will vary from bike-to-bike...just like the number of turns will be different for each bike.

Make sure you 'calibrate' the Motion Pro first - use the 4-way tee and make sure all 4 tubes read the same - then follow Jinkster's write-up.

Sync 1-2 - get them the same. Then sync 3-4...once they are the same, turn the middle screw and get the two pairs (1-2 / 3-4) to be the same.

Thanks omslaw. yep that's what I did calibrate motion pro made sure all levels where equal 1/3 a way up the scale. After syncing I have all the levels the same as close as I could get but am still not satisfied there is vibrations in foot pegs and a little on gas tank that caused the mounting screws at bottom of tank to rattle lose! I had to replace them with new bolt and lock washer. So I definitely think something is still off. I should have counted how many turns each screw was before the start oh well guess you learn your lesson. I do have a power commander and K&N air filter installed. Do you think maybe my valves need to be adjusted after the sync or check engine mounting bolts? I believe I did suck up some of the fluid from the motion pro tool one of the times I did it do you think that could have f**cked something? I ordered a new full system exhaust so I was thinking of running drops of seafoam directly into the throttle bodys to clean them out, send fuel injectors for cleaning, clean air filter and install an inline fuel filter, then have it dyno tuned again. Anyone have other suggestions or comments on doing this?

Here is some photos of the adjustment screw and how far its screwed down. Also of the bolts that came lose on gas tanks as well as TPS sensor and Idle adjustment screw. Could anyone submit pics of there adjustment screws if they got um you'd be the best :)

P1010903 (Small).JPG

P1010904 (Small).JPG

P1010905 (Small).JPG

P1010909 (Small).JPG

P1010909.jpg

Back