More Rebuild Ramblings..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Busa is starting to look like a Busa again. Got the nose fairing on this morning and all the lights are functional now..
BusaRebuild6-26-2011001.jpg

BusaRebuild6-26-2011003.jpg

Discovered an anomoly with the nose fairing plastic when I went to put it on. Got the part from Ebay, can't remember what year it was from, but came off of a running bike (had some scratches, road film, etc.. on it), never noticed it until this morning.
A mold flaw..
BusaRebuild6-26-2011004.jpg

Picture is upside down, but it's the underside lip over the front fender. Thought it was broke at first, but looking closer can see a rounded, smooth edge where the plastic didn't quite fill all the way. Nothing I can do about it, out of sight, so I'm going to run it.
Back to waiting on more parts. Left inner is scuffed pretty bad so getting another, and found I was missing one of the bolt, rubber grommet things that hold the windscreen. Ordered from Ron Ayers.. waiting. Doesn't look like it'll be done on the 4th weekend now. Ahh well, been 10 months, pretty much forgot what it's like to ride it, so another week won't matter much.
Where it's at so far. Hopefully the next post will be about a finished product.:please:

I feel your pain, my blue 07 isn't so pretty after a flat during a spirited run last week.

I can't believe your patience. I would never make it 10 months. Its been 9 days and I'm starting to lose it.

Busa is starting to look like a Busa again. Got the nose fairing on this morning and all the lights are functional now..
BusaRebuild6-26-2011001.jpg

BusaRebuild6-26-2011003.jpg

Discovered an anomoly with the nose fairing plastic when I went to put it on. Got the part from Ebay, can't remember what year it was from, but came off of a running bike (had some scratches, road film, etc.. on it), never noticed it until this morning.
A mold flaw..
BusaRebuild6-26-2011004.jpg

Picture is upside down, but it's the underside lip over the front fender. Thought it was broke at first, but looking closer can see a rounded, smooth edge where the plastic didn't quite fill all the way. Nothing I can do about it, out of sight, so I'm going to run it.
Back to waiting on more parts. Left inner is scuffed pretty bad so getting another, and found I was missing one of the bolt, rubber grommet things that hold the windscreen. Ordered from Ron Ayers.. waiting. Doesn't look like it'll be done on the 4th weekend now. Ahh well, been 10 months, pretty much forgot what it's like to ride it, so another week won't matter much.
Where it's at so far. Hopefully the next post will be about a finished product.:please:

nice color, should have let me know you needed hardware. I have almost every stock oem part for a busa. I could have gotten them to you quick..

I'll keep you in mind. Feeling my way through this and little things keep cropping up, costing me a week and a half at a time. Over a month past when I was hoping to have it done now.
I keep slugging away at it and figure I'll get it eventually.:thumbsup:

glad to hear you're still making progress and it's starting to come together...it will be a great feeling when you can crank her up again and go for another ride :beerchug:

Looks nice. How do you like those levers? Are they chazzos or pazzos? I'm looking at getting some chazzos soon...

Looks nice. How do you like those levers? Are they chazzos or pazzos? I'm looking at getting some chazzos soon...

Pazzos. I've had them pretty much ever since I got the bike, no complaints. Perfect fit, both on the bike and my hands. I use two fingers on both normally, but there's room for 3 on the clutch for full stops. Fortunatly both of them survived the off completely unscathed.

Pazzos. I've had them pretty much ever since I got the bike, no complaints. Perfect fit, both on the bike and my hands. I use two fingers on both normally, but there's room for 3 on the clutch for full stops. Fortunatly both of them survived the off completely unscathed.
So Tom, you going to take her to the track again or are her track days over? Personally I'd buy another bike for track days. I thought about tracking mine, but stories like yours convinced me otherwise. I have too much money into my street bikes, and they're too pretty to wad up on the track. I think I'll get some ugly old beater if I decide to try a track day :laugh:

I won't be going to the track this year, simply because I can't afford it. Soon as the Busa is done I have to go through the motor on the dirt bike, as fall race season is coming fast. Just don't have the $200 to spare for a track day right now.
I would definitly rather have a track bike, but no forseeable way that will happen for another year or two. So if I go to the track next season, it will have to be on the Busa. I screwed up, and know where/how I screwed up, so I'm not afraid of the track by any means. But will return to the track a wiser man.:thumbsup:

Back