Hawaii riders. Help! I can't find anywhere to ride

trojan2k

Registered
I moved to Honolulu about 2 months ago and still haven't found a road worth riding. Where do you guys actually ride your bikes. I've been stuck in traffic going 20 mph max since I've been here. I already went up Tantalus but thats a pretty short ride. Here's a few pics from the Tantalus ride

Top of Tantalus.jpg

Tantalus1.jpg

Tantalus2.jpg

Tantalus3.jpg

Tantalus4.jpg

Tantalus5.jpg

There aren't too many places to actually lean the bike over.

Sad but true. Been around the island already? I was stationed there in '05-'06 (no Busa though) and the closest "twisty" I can remember was the 83 (or was it the 93).
P.S. Come to think of it, the ride up to Tantalus is the next best thing.

Was just checking out Google maps of Honolulu.
Is Kolekole Road paved? It looks like it is and if so, check it out!!! Looks like the Islands 'Dragon'.

Uuuummmmm you're on an island dude ! Go surf or something , there's no where to ride fast there for long . I think there's a nice drag strip :laugh:

Was just checking out Google maps of Honolulu.
Is Kolekole Road paved? It looks like it is and if so, check it out!!! Looks like the Islands 'Dragon'.

Yeah I haven't been there yet. I've heard about it though. It's actually on one of the military bases I think.

Uuuummmmm you're on an island dude ! Go surf or something , there's no where to ride fast there for long . I think there's a nice drag strip :laugh:

I'm not here by choice. Supposedly they're building a track. I don't know how good it will be. Better than nothing.

There's no place to ride on Oahu, thats why there is so many stretched or posers, guys who really wanna ride ship their bikes to the Big Isle.

Red Busa on Kohala mt rd..jpg

Copy of Pict0001b.jpg

Pict0003.JPG

saddleroad5.jpg

Pict0004.JPG

Back