Plastics blowing off?!

I think it has more to do with the install. I think some people are breaking tabs when they take them off and then they don't stay together when riding. Run some clear tape along the seems if you want a little extra safety but they do have to be installed correctly.

Did you remove anything in the pics because it looks like a bolt is missing on the rear lower??

I took a couple bolts out to get the lower fairing off so I could get it home.
Yeah scary stuff! I have been balls out on it plenty of times, but this was the first time going that fast since I had a liquid/air plenum w/heat exchanger, some thoughts are having the heat exchanger in front of the rad caused abnormal wind deflection inside the body work. The installer has done TONS of turbo bikes and really knows his stuff so I am pretty sure the plastics were done right. I am going to chalk it up to "freak accident" and try to find some gen II plastics, and take recommendations to make sure it never happens again.

045.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

A little update, plastics have been put back on with clips/brackets to hold them together. She is rock solid now!

Ha, I know I'm late but this happened to my friends 08 at the track....happens when the bottom of the plastics aren't secure. On his he happened to wheelie on launch, shaved the plastic keepers when the bike squatted, then didn't notice on the consecutive runs, eventually the front tabs came out and the thing tried to fly away at the end of the 1/4 mile....was kinda funny because they came off so fast that he barely knew what happened until he stopped....I made sure mine were extra secure after seeing that lol.

Damn! I actually had the right side panel blow off on my GSXR dragbike at Beechbend Raceway on the top end around 145 it came came up hit my elbow and knocked my right arm off the clip ons.
Glad you also held up:beerchug:

when removing inner panels, you must put bolt threw nose fairing and side fairing, also drill through tab's and put a pin's in them. make a bracket to hold bottom of side fairing together

Back