First full day in Colorado.

How late in the day are you guys going to be around Breckenridge on Sat? I think thats about the only day those of us from Fort Collins could make it out that far (2 1/2-3 hrs from us) but it would be fun to try to meet up. I'd just have to get one of the other guys to cover my on-call schedule for the day, which shouldn't be too hard...

How late in the day are you guys going to be around Breckenridge on Sat? I think thats about the only day those of us from Fort Collins could make it out that far (2 1/2-3 hrs from us) but it would be fun to try to meet up. I'd just have to get one of the other guys to cover my on-call schedule for the day, which shouldn't be too hard...

Dang it bro, will most likely be leaving pretty early Saturday to head home. Any chance of being available Friday?

Ok more pics coming. Stopped in Silverton for lunch. Grumpys is always great food with live piano music. I suggest you get there before the first train lets off to avoid the wait. It fills up fast.

2011-06-21_10-52-19_773.jpg

More pics of Silverton. The sheriff was really cool, let us know which county deputy was working and let us also know that we were clear to the county line. He carried a an old army colt 44, pretty neat.

2011-06-21_10-52-27_338.jpg

2011-06-21_10-54-23_405.jpg

2011-06-21_11-02-49_423.jpg

2011-06-21_11-31-36_962.jpg

2011-06-21_11-42-28_330.jpg

Ouray was pretty neat too, but we didnt spend much time there. The temps were starting to rise. I actually wore a fleece long sleeve shirt under my jacket with my liner zipped in and was comfortable all day.

2011-06-21_13-05-11_448.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

Quick stop for fuel in Ridgeway and then its over to Telluride. The bike in teh picture is actually from Oklahoma, I guess not all Okies are friendly. There is a group of Goldwing Riders at the same hotel we are staying at, one couple is from Elk City. Very nice folks. If you saw a sport bike, it was rare. Lots of Harleys and Beemers.

IMG_1369.jpg

Telluride was also beautiful. We had to take the Gondola ride up to the ski slopes. Pretty neat, soley operated by wind power generated on the Colorado/Wyoming border. All of the bike and hiking trails were closed at the top due to snow. That was a bummer, it was really neat up there, and the air temps were really cool. Oh well, back to the bottom, had a quick bike of home made mini donuts and glass of ice cold lemonade. Time to hit the road again back to Durango.

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

The ride back to Durango was perhaps the best part of todays trip. You are up in the high country and there are signs everywhere warning of wildlife in the roadway. This is open range country, completely wild. The roads were for the most part not that busy, you only had to pass every now and then, 60 mph speed limits, but if you caught the occasional trucker you had to go around him. The ride today was not aggressive at all, very casual pace just enjoying what we had to see as it unfolded in front us. It got pretty warm around Cortez and Delores, was glad to get back to Durango for cooler temps. These pics are of downtown Durango. Last pic is what happens when you let Macon have a couple of beers with dinner.

2011-06-21_20-24-49_62.jpg

2011-06-21_20-24-57_219.jpg

2011-06-21_20-24-14_429.jpg

Dang it bro, will most likely be leaving pretty early Saturday to head home. Any chance of being available Friday?

Let me look into it, see what I can swing at work, talk to Gpmo, etc. Probably wouldn't be able to get there until 8 or so, but it's worth a shot!

Looks like y'all are having a great trip. Makes it even harder for me to wait a few more weeks to be able to go there.

Keep em coming. Us flatlanders love mountain pics :)

Looks awesome two of the fastest color prettiest best Busas ever made rolling together :laugh:

great pics of some great friends :beerchug: i was looking forward to seeing the updates to this thread all night while i was at work :thumbsup:

Fantastic pics. Love Colorado.

What time you plan on calling it a night on Friday? And what Time are you planning on leaving on Saturday morning. Also are you going through Denver? We are tying to figure a way out to meet up with you all. We were thinking of heading up fri night after work. It would be a 3 hour ride so likely 8ish possibly earlier. Then ride back.

Back