What do you Gen II guys do for luggage?

All you need is a little platform and something to strap to.

PICT2994.jpg

Tie one thing onto the other until you have this. Watch cracking the throttle on it. :laugh:

You'll easily put more stuff on a small rack with a sissy bar / backrest than anybody ever put in a saddlebag. :beerchug:

(over)loaded bike.jpg

Tim, can I just use half the bag so I can leave the pillion seat open?

James, the Ventura Rack System was designed to have the bag sit over the passenger seat or reversed & attached to the backside of the upper rack for when you do have a passenger. Nothing touches the paint which is why people like them so much.

The bags are also designed to zip together in case you had two. You could put one over rear sets, and zip another on having it hang out over the backside.

Rather versatile system. When not traveling, remove the rear rack and insert a small one that dubs as a rear grab handle for passenger.

James, the Ventura Rack System was designed to have the bag sit over the passenger seat or reversed & attached to the backside of the upper rack for when you do have a passenger. Nothing touches the paint which is why people like them so much.

The bags are also designed to zip together in case you had two. You could put one over rear sets, and zip another on having it hang out over the backside.

Rather versatile system. When not traveling, remove the rear rack and insert a small one that dubs as a rear grab handle for passenger.

Hmm, that sounds like a viable option. I will have to check those out on your site. Thank you Tim.

Congrats on the genII. Since the wreck I have an extra hump bracket and seat. I am going to expeariment with some modifications with them. I did something similar with my old chopper and some $15 wallmart bags and it looked and worked great. I dont want to spend a lot of money myself becaus I wont use it that often. I am going to make a luggage rack wide enough to keep the bags off the sides and I can put a tent and a sleeping bag on top.

James, here are a few pics of my bike with the Ventura setup. No part of this arrangement ever touches the paint. The brackets are very close, but definitely do not touch the plastic. Let me know if you want more detailed pics. :thumbsup:

61365_864847561485_9415865_47153261_7921359_n.jpg

176725_961840427005_9415865_49277156_5465952_o.jpg

IMG_1786 - Copy.jpg

Givi luggage on my '08 'Busa -

giviB.jpg

First off, :welcome: to the org!
Second, can you post up some more pics of this setup (I have the SWMotech rack already, and was thinking of adding a top box. Which Givi is that? Any more pics??
Thanks!

It's the Givi luggage system for the '08 'Busa with the V46 case, which is quick-detach.

Left-hand side view -
giviB1-1.jpg

With the case detached -
giviB2-1.jpg

Thanks! How about a rear shot, so I can get an idea of how wide it looks? Sorry to be a pain, its just pretty pricey to just order one on a limb. How much stuff can you fit in it?

More photos of my '08 'Busa with the Givi luggage. The V46 case has a capacity of 5 kg. There are smaller and larger cases available -

giviB3.jpg

giviB4.jpg

hey james, i had the rka bags at caps meet n greet last year. they work great. i slipped the straps under my hump and it worked out fine. i dont use any protective tape and i havnt gotten one scratch or rub mark.

tim is great to work with. you cant go wrong ordering from him. wish i lived in cali, id have to go on his tours all the time.

Back