Spiegler LSL handlebar kit , Question

I put a similar top yolk on mine.
I changed the raisers as the one's in the kit had a slight pull back
to clear the fairing. I used more upright one's as I built a naked bike.
Didnt use the stock bar ends, as I used much wider bars I went for
slim bar ends. Never notice any vibes even though the bar ends are
quite light. I used Renthal alloy bars so not all bar ends will fit the
inside of them. Never even tried the factory bar ends.

Busa's with higher wider bars.... :thumbsup:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Is that from one of our sponsors? Any idea if the kit would come in all black, the bars and the triple tree?

The site where I found it is not a sponsor, and you pick the finish of the triple and the color of the bars.

To help clear confusion,the topic bar kit is NOT an LSL kit out of Germany , it's an ABM Comfort Bar kit out of Germany, Nederlands or close to. Minor difference in how the top plates are made,coating color ect.. Not sure of pricing for ABM parts, never checked into that brand.

Superbike kits

The LSL Superbike Bar kit is coming out of Germany and the USA Importer is SpieglerUSA.

LSL-Motorradtechnik

In addition and for example, the actual bars used with the LSL kit from Spiegler are Superbike Low's - a little different rise and pullback than plain Superbike bar's of yesteryear which i never liked anyway. The Spiegler site doesn't note that tidbit but i think it's a bonus - similar to Renthal Road Low bars.

Both generation busa's really benefit by adding a braided clutch line to the order . Look over the few brackets sent with the kit < lack of instructions concerning one bracket and where it goes> and use them for an ultra clean install . From the factory kinda clean using a Puig Race screen.

If i ever get camera batteries - i'll show pics of my install Gen 1 kit.

BIG E has pics here of his bar kitted GenII and it's nice - both use a different top plate or ,top yoke if you prefer.

$323, is that with lines too? If so that is a great price. The kit is a pretty straight forward install. I just recently put on a gold renthal #758 bar.

ABM kit. Hand the bar and top clamp powder coated in black.

66e58632.jpg

What bar ends did you guys go with? Anyone figure out how to use throttle miesters with them?

I use the flat bar ends on page 2

Spiegler Performance Parts -

As for Throttle Meister , no experience with them but think they need a threaded nut tack welded flush in the end of the 7/8 bars like the OEM bar ends mount . Contact TM to see if tacking a nut inside the 7/8 bars will work .

bumpin this thread. lots of good info. is it possible to buy the abm top clamp seperate?

How much more of a difference is this setup versus heli bars and risers?

Shaft,

I think you'll benefit from this kit from the type of riding you do. It does help logging on those miles.

Shaft,

I think you'll benefit from this kit from the type of riding you do. It does help logging on those miles.

I hear you there Big E. My budget is tight, but this is definitely a must do mod for me. Galfer lines too short for this mod? I want to try to getaway with just the top clamp and purchase my bars elsewhere.

I helped a friend of mine install one of these kits on his 2007 ZX-14. It was not difficult, just have to take your time and make sure everything is done up right. It changed the entire ergonomics of the bike. I could turn that thing on a dime after the bar install.

is it possible to buy the abm top clamp seperate?

How much more of a difference is this setup versus heli bars and risers?

You might phone Spiegler to find out but otherwise, 998cc.com will sell the top only. Might not be cost effective coming out of the UK but worth a look.

I had the Genmar19mm with Heli's on two Busa's. It just didn't cut it anylonger and never really did - for me that is . I'll try to explain some major differences that i've found later. Especially heavy braking-two up being one of them. I would sprint race with these things. I think they would be great for the Isle of Mann . :D

Back