Sell or not to sell

BigBadDodge

Registered
So have had my 55 chevy truck on craigslist for awhile now, have it down to 2300 obo which is actually about the price of what they're going for out here with no drivetrain or missing parts, mines complete just needs resto, got a call outta the blue from a old coworker asking if i wanted to sell it and offered me 1100 cash money.

Now i have no money invested in the truck, but do need to get a purged title as it hasnt been registered since 87, he included an extra 100 bucks to get the title squared away. 1100 bucks is 1100 bucks, cant do a ton with it but cash is king. And his father in law is about done with an amazing truck identical to mine and has a ton of leftover parts so i know they will bring it back to life in grand fashion. Not getting many bites on craigslist so lets vote, what should i do?

Be good if you added a pic :poke:

If it needs resto and all your asking 2300 I'd say hold out

It is pretty rough, i'm just not gonna get to it and dont have a mint to fund the resto
55elec1.jpg

57b42.jpg

57b48.jpg

57b56.jpg

57b50.jpg

we're talking it will need new fender, door skins, the bed is basically entirely shot, may be able to save the passenger bed side with alot of work, i priced out just to rebuild the sheet metal for the bed at almost 4k plus whatever wood. Thinking maybe countering at 1500 and seeing what he says, anyone else i would've said no but as i said he is a buddy and i know it'll be restored to what it should be

I'm looking at it as 1100 will get me head studs and cp3 pump kit for the dodge, a pcIII and bmc filter for the bike with some left over, which will possibly help pay for a strippers college:whistle:

The counter offer of 1500 sounds decent to me. It's not all of what you want but you are still getting a pretty good chunk of money and you will be able to see how it turns out when it is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree with Fiend counter offer it might be ruff but its a 55 if they dont like the counter offer id hold out someone will see its value, and you will be able to add more to the stripper college fund :thumbsup:

i'd sell it, its not really doing you any good and is it worth another 1200 to try and sell it for another month, year, or whatever it takes. its the problem i had with my truck i didnt have the time or money to start another project, i just put the money back into my car and never looked back.

I would not sell it for 1100.......

If I were close, I would be willing to pay more than $1100 for that truck... I would put a good drivetrain into it and turn it into a semi Rat-rod (if I owned it, not telling you to do that...)

Unless you REALLY need the money, just hold onto it and relist it again in a few months

It doesn't sound like you "need" the money. I would hold off on it. I guarantee you could sell it on CL anytime for $1100, so just bide your time.

Me, I'd hold it.

Jonny

See if your old co-worker would be willing to work in conjunction with you to restore, use the parts his dad has, get it restored then sell it and split the money!!

$1100 can get you several lap dances from an emotionally abused girl with no morals... Just saying, you got some options

Back