Step by Step Gen 2/B king Rotrex build.

powerfulone

Registered
Sorry guys I have been so overwhelmed with other work I haven't had time to follow up on my big supercharger build. BUT I have decided as the street guys are the vast majority of guys who will buy my kits that I should do a step by step build of a St1 street kit instead. So essentially the B King and this build will be the same, ie both none intercooled. I might go for a bit of water injection instead.:) I will use the ECU Edior for all the mapping. I hope to prove out the idea of using the secondary throttle valves to contol boost. Its a bank holiday tomorrow and I will be in work to get this going. Pictures to follow. I want to run a stock engine with stock compression, this will give awesome bottom and midrange, then limit the boost at the top end and pull back the ignition for safety. I can then if I want run race fuel and a new map if I want to go racing.

Well we have been pretty busy. I have revised the up pipe and the air intake as well as the oil tank position and exhaust routing. We have always supplied kits for the busa before that required a little input from the customer, let them put their stamp on it, so to say. Some people enjoyed the challenge, some would rather it all be done and dusted. So thats the route i'm aiming for. I intend to offer 3-4 modified Akropovic headers as a straight swap for those running that system. I also have bends made to suit the stock headers, they will need cutting and welding to suit, but will give you a head start and keep further costs down. Using our new billet plenum will put the kit cost up a bit, but the parts worth every penny.
Pulling the air up pipe close to the engine allows us to keep both fans, we had to remove one before. The supercharger air intake now goes behind the headers, not ideal but we will move the oil cooler to a new position so more cool air gets to this area. The air filter finishes almost flush with the outside of the fairing, this is a work in progress at the mo. We have removed the rad water hose and replaced it with an alloy pipe and silicon ends. Any comments are always welcome. :)
Here's some pictures of where i'm going with this.

DSC02649.JPG

DSC02650.JPG

DSC02651.JPG

DSC02652.JPG

DSC02653.JPG

DSC02654.JPG

Got the bike fired up tonight, have lots of pictures, will get them up soon. have to map her tomorrow and race her Sunday :)

I will get some track shots on Sunday. Unfortunately it won't have the long arm or a shifter. I will put some weight on the front and strap her down. Its the best I can do for Sunday.

Back