Battery in under tail?

Speedfreak391

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I just got a motorhead/suzuki4life under tail. What I need to know is if the battery is suppose to lay flat or does it sit up right? If up right my seat sits on it and applies a lot of pressure on the under tail. I just don't want break the under tail, or drop the battery out on the swing arm. Flat or up right? That is the question.

I have no clue, but I dont think you would want to lay any batt sideways...never seen a sideways mounted batt but then agian, WTH do I know.

How about a photo of that undertail? Or the battery fitment issue. Not sure what undertail your talking about.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm gonna lay it flat and take a picture and show you guys what I'm talking about. Is Suzuki4life still on here? I would like his input.

I have no clue, but I dont think you would want to lay any batt sideways...never seen a sideways mounted batt

Cant help with this, but on a similar topic... (might help someone, sometime)

I ran a standard Bandit1200 battery lay on its side for 4+ years.
I extended the stock battery leads by bolting on pre-made off the
shelf battery leads from a car shop, and lay the battery down in the
tail with the tool kit. Worked fine. Never a drama. No difference.

I wanted to use the battery box to put NOS solenoids, filter and fuel
pump in close to the carbs.

No drama's at all having batteries lay flat IF they are a SUITABLE battery.

Tony.J.

Gen 1 & Gen 2 batts are different.??? Maybe someone had a mix-up. What # is on it?

Should be:
Battery Type: YTX12A-BS
Dimension: 150mm(6") x 87mm(3.4375") x 105mm(4.1875")

Since it is a gel cell battery, as stated above I don't think I should have a problem. I am just going to have to find some foam and make sure it is tight in there and not bouncing around.

Since it is a gel cell battery, as stated above I don't think I should have a problem. I am just going to have to find some foam and make sure it is tight in there and not bouncing around.

When I put mine it the tail I bought one of those roll-up camping mat's you
put under your sleeping bag from a camping shop, and cut it up to fit around
the battery. Nice snug fit and cushioned.

Tony.J.

Back