TUTORO Chain Oiler - Cheap as chips!

Djxtrodinaire,
I know mate, but I have sorted it now. The sprocket and chain are spotless. Hopefully your buddy Sleepless_Red will let me off:thumbsup: if you explain to him that I do take the wheels off to clean them:please:

ABBAstandnewuse (19).JPG

You turn it on by twisting the nozzle the desired amount of twists before you ride off, then turn it off again once you have finished the ride. Couldn't be easier.

Okay, i see.
Sounds like too much of a hassle.
What happens if you come home from a nice ride and forget to turn the nozzle off, you will end up with a big puddle of oil on your garage floor the next morning:whistle:

What happens if you come home from a nice ride and forget to turn the nozzle off, you will end up with a big puddle of oil on your garage floor the next morning:whistle:

YUP, thats what happens..............guess how i know that :whistle:.......even worse my bikes kept in my mates newly built and freshly painted garage! :laugh:

but really, they are a good/cheap purchase compared to other makes of chain oillers and also easier to install as they dont need to be connected to electrics or vacum pipes.

downside is you do need to remember to turn the dial off after each ride.

I know that many enduro riders and long distance tourers use the drip system and they swear by it. Instead of oiling the chain frequently they let the oiling system do the work.

There are systems that start oiling only when the bike is running via electric valve or vacuum and then it starts oiling. If you use one of these systems, you don't have to worry about the oil drips on the floor. If I were to get one, I definitely have to get the automatic system because of how forgetful I am. I'll probably forget to turn it off in one of my business trips (usually 2 weeks) and will find a huge puddle of oil on the garage floor.

I have been contemplating using this type of setup for a while because I commute everyday on my bike. Haven't jumped on it yet because I've been too lazy to do the research. It's definitely on my to do list.

That reminds me... I have to talk to Tim at Pashnit today to finalize an order! Brembo MC and Galfer wave rotors here I come! :cheerleader:

I have only forgotten to turn it off twice and yes, you get a little puddle, but it ain't anything that a bit of poly roll won't clear up!

Being down on the south coast does have it's bonuses mog69, but it aint always that hot down here!! Where abouts are you up in the midlands? My In-Laws live in Redditch, so we spend a lot of time up there. Have you heard of the 'Ride to the Wall' that they run from Drayton Manor to the Arbaterium? It is in Oct (if i remember correctly), over 4,000 bikers ride in convoy, police close the roads off, gives you a clear run for the 20 odd mile run! That is when i decided to get the TUTORO oiler as we rode the 150 miles from home to Redditch in a torrential down pour and was getting bored of paddock standing the bike to clean and oil the chain. I seriously looked at the Scotoiler, but for the price I paid in the end, which only takes a couple of minutes to fit with no connection to any of the workings of the bike, it won hands down for me :thumbsup:

Haybusaboy,
I bought my new MK7 Scottoiler 3 years ago as I left my old one on my previous bike when i sold it by accident :banghead: so i had to replace it. Then when I got the Busa I bought the HRC kit, so the cost of it all was spread over a few years, but as you're finding now, oiler's are priceless. If like me, you go away for the weekend riding 300 - 1k miles then its nice to know the chian is sorting itself out. I found the chain much easier to clean with only a light oil on it and the dirt does not seem to stick to it as much as wax etc. For the money you paid for your oiler, its a bargin buddy. I'm commuting about 80 miles a day through all sorts of crap / busy roads with narrow sighted door-slammers, let alone paying £1.36- £1.41 a litre a gas. So my bike is set up for commuting / touring, more than speed or bling.
The Scottoiler is not a sexy thing to add to a Busa, but I have done a clean install on it. Then neither is heated grips / sat-nav / frame-sliders / sports-touring tyres / up rated bulbs etc. All way to practical; but necessary in the UK. It makes you want to move to a warmer country.

Talking of warmer countries though, I do really like Indianapolis (USA). We go each year for the Moto GP, and there are rumours that this year could be the last time they hold the GP, so we just booked our tickets to go this year. :cheerleader:

On a more UK matter - Redditch - the greatest road junction in the West Mids....The CloverLeaf:bowdown: Most of my buddies live in Redditch / Bromsgrove, and from McD's Oakenshaw is usually where we meet up, before heading off into the great unknown :laugh:
The 'Ride to the Wall' is something my mates in the Stratford (Triumph) RAT's group do, and have invited me along this year. I usually join the RAT guys to take part in the Easter Egg Run for the children’s hospital.
The Boss (wife) and i just finished the Welsh Rally 380 miles of goat tracks and bad roads (for a Busa), but the hotels / scenery and beer are always great. - Clive MCC - Welsh National Rally
I now live around the corner from Streetbike - Mucklow Hill (for my sins), but a Solihull boy really. :whistle: The 'out-laws' which we visit on a regular basis live in Poole, so that ride down gives the Busa a nice time to stretch his legs :thumbsup:

Today's MCN are showing how great they are at coming up with new idea's on how to balance your wheels using an ABBA stand??? If they had asked me about it, I could have told them how to do it 12 months ago :banghead:
I use my ABBA stand to check my Busa's oil, by chocking the stand handle, so that the whole bike is sitting correctly, but the ABBA stand holds it perfectly upright:laugh: I thought I'd get that one in before MCN steals any more of my ideas :thumbsup:

The cloverleaf is an awesome junction! Get it on a clear run and you can have some serious fun! Same with the road between redditch and bromsgrove; fast flowing dual carriageway, awesome sweepers with hardly any traffic!

Will give you a shout next time we are up for a ride out if interested?

Always up for a run out and to meet up with other Busa owners mate.:thumbsup: Just let me know when? there are some great roads around the Cotswolds as your heading through to Redditch / Worcester

We normally come up from Oxford on the A44/A3400 throuhg stratford, great fast flowing road. Will give you a shout when were next up on the Busa :thumbsup:

Back